Bye Bye

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
Cheerio guys,

Great forum and i'll be popping in from time to time, but my Audi is going at midday today. In it's place is a nice new shiney MCS with lots of revs to play with :)

Yeah have fun in ya new toy ;) and we'd all like to see some pics, what colour is it?

The Slug said:
Yeah have fun in ya new toy ;) and we'd all like to see some pics, what colour is it?

Went for Mistral Blue with white roof and mirror caps, full Chilli pack with 17" s spoke alloys, black black cloth leather interior and chrome pack.

Will post pics tonight.....if i stop driving.

Must get a Road pilot micro go with laser attachment. Anyone know the cheapest place ?.

Oh to have steering feel again :)

I hope you got a good deal on it Japper, as the new one's out in the Autumn...won't do much for the resale value, although according to the press, the Mini is one of the best performers in this area.

Missus wanted a Mini.
We didn't get one,as kids in the back of three door car makes me shudder.
I was shocked at the used prices for them though.
Even if we really wanted one,I wasn't paying what they wanted.
£10k barely got you a three year old one,which just seemed silly to me.

Tim Stuart said:
I hope you got a good deal on it Japper, as the new one's out in the Autumn...won't do much for the resale value, although according to the press, the Mini is one of the best performers in this area.

Yeah I know the new ones out soon, but it takes a trained eye to spot the difference. Also the change in engine to a 1.6 turbo will spoil the effect, as the supercharger whine is superb.

They still don't discount after five years on sale so am not worried about residual, 72% at moment I think. I got TLC and interior chrome pack thrown in and a spare set of rubber mats.....that's it.

marriedblonde said:
I can sell you a cheap new road angel brand new/boxed etc with full warrenty. Left over from a goup buy ;)

J.

MB, Thanks but ideally i was after the new road pilot. PM me a price and i'll certainly consider it. Are they any good ?

I'm interested that you've gone 'down' rather than up Japper.
What I mean is,you've gone for a smaller and cheaper car (I'm assuming cheaper!).
I'm thinking of doing the same,that's all.
Was it a reluctance to spend Audi style dosh again,or a driving enjoyment thing,or a realisation you simply don't need such an expensive car again ?
I'm currently thinking Honda Civic 2.2ctdi,with options on it.
Miles cheaper than the Audi and,for want of a better phrase,more 'honest' than the A3.
What I mean is,it's not charging for a 'name'.

bowfer said:
I'm interested that you've gone 'down' rather than up Japper.
What I mean is,you've gone for a smaller and cheaper car (I'm assuming cheaper!).
I'm thinking of doing the same,that's all.
Was it a reluctance to spend Audi style dosh again,or a driving enjoyment thing,or a realisation you simply don't need such an expensive car again ?
I'm currently thinking Honda Civic 2.2ctdi,with options on it.
Miles cheaper than the Audi and,for want of a better phrase,more 'honest' than the A3.
What I mean is,it's not charging for a 'name'.

Bowfer, change in circumstances really. I am selling the house to get cash to shut wife up ( seperated ) and getting a flat in town. The Audi was paid for so selling it gave me more funds and a fun car that's small, cheap and fun and better built than the usual hot hatch trash ( read french ). i will also be doing a lot less miles so petrol expense is not a factor.

I also don't really class it as going down. I have always been a fan of hot hatches and had many of the best years ago. I don't intend having kids as I enjoy my long haul hols too much.

I would still buy an Audi again, maybe a new TT with real poke, or a proper S3.

I just went the opposite way to you recently. Sold my MCS and bought a A3 2.0 TDI. There were other circumstances which made me need to get rid of the cooper S but was a great little fun car with good acceleration and handling. Only annoying thing was the economy, 27mpg all day long regardless of how much I drove it like an undertaker. But you said thats not going to be a problem as you're doing low mileage. Have to say I really love the A3 now, bigger, economical, great build and looks too. Is quite fast when on the move also. Enjoy the mini, its a good car. The works seats are fantastic!

cook

marriedblonde said:
Japper - don;t forget you can still post no here without actaully owning an Audi :D

J.

Thanks MB, I'll still try and help other members if i can.