Chris NottEM Tuning

Thread: Brake Fluid

2nd Gear

Status

Brake Fluid

My A3's on the variable service but I noticed that the sticker the dealer has marked up states that I'm due a brake fluid change about now, though my next service probably won't be for another 15k.

Is this normal? Should I be taking it in before the next service to get this looking at?
    A3 2.0TDi S-Line DSG. Akoya Silver, BOSE Symphony, Xenons, Rain/Light sensor.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    yes - this annoyed me too... you have to have brake fluid changed every 24 months regardless of other service intervals and hence this is excluded from the normal servicing. They don't tell you this though when your stood there in the showroom with 25k in your hand of course!!!!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Balls, any idea how much they will fleece me for?

24 months is fairly standard for all cars. It's more to do with the brake fluid than the particular type of vehicle. Brake fluid absorbs a certain amount of moisture and becomes less effective over a period of time.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    24 months is pretty much the shelf life for brake fluid. I think the deleaers charge about 70 for this. Get it done else where and I'm sure you can get it done for a lot less.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

4th Gear

Status
    I've seen many people on here charged approx 90 so I guess budget 70 to 100 which is outrageous really.
    Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    Well most of it will be labour ofc, though fluid isnt cheap and you waste a lot of it when you flush through with clean stuff. For a main dealer 90 isnt bad imo.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I know it it's no use to you in Dundee, but at least as a benchmark comparison, Fontain in Berkshire charge 59 for a brake fluid change. I'd have though you could find a good indie to do the job for about the same money.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'll phone Audi Dundee for a quote. They seem to have the cheapest service quotes out of any I've seen on here so might be OK. If not, I'll check out a local garage.