Changing DIS from variable to fixed service intervals

Monsoon

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to alter the DIS from a variable service interval to a fixed service interval, or does this have to be done by an Audi technician? I want to do my own oil change as I think 2 years is too long to wait even with longlife oil, but Audi tell me this will mess up the variable servicing on-board computer and recommend I leave it.

I've just had my SECOND AVS at 19600 miles!!!
I got 8500 miles between AVS one and two due to the fact that I do lots of short journeys.

Got the dealer to switch it back to fixed 10k intervals.

There is a known problem on the AVS servicing within the MKV range. sounds to me like you may have experienced the same problem. I'll see if I can find the thread from another forum regarding the mkV Golf's

Yes please MB!
My old 1.8TQ used to get 19k between services and my routine and driving style haven't changed.

I get no more than about 8k miles on my 52 S3 though... I just put it down to the fact that I never use it a great deal...

Our petrol Sportback is on AVS and has done about 5200 miles in 16 months, mostly short journeys and is showing about 180 days to 1st service.

Extrapolated out, that means it will probably need a service in mid January when at estimate it would've done about 7150miles. This will therefore be 6 weeks shy of the maximum of 2yrs between services so I'm happy with that.

Can't see any point in changing ours to 10k intervals as presumably if the 2 yrs cuts in first you have to take it in anyway so I'd never reach the 10K interval. Is that correct, i.e. it is 10K or 2 yrs whichever is first?

No point changing to 10K to make it last another 6 weeks when if I do some longer journeys it may last that anyway.

Audi refuse to change the DIS to fixed interval display unless I have a full service at a cost of £260 - even though next service isn't for 10000 miles! That's why I wonder if I can do it myself.

Monsoon said:
Audi refuse to change the DIS to fixed interval display unless I have a full service at a cost of £260 - even though next service isn't for 10000 miles! That's why I wonder if I can do it myself.

Audi refused? Just exactly whose car is it anyway?