Ok whats it going to be worth?

RedSportback

Reaction score
OK guys, lets see how good you are on valuations.

I took delivery of a New Sportback TDi Sport DSG on March 1st. Its in Garnet Red, and the extras are heated front seats and interior light pack?

I'm not getting on with the DSG, i'm not going to slag it off as I think its a brilliant piece of kit, but it's not for me.

So I have four choices.

1. Stick with it until next year as was the plan and PX it in as intended.

2. PX it in now for a standard box New 56 plate Sport Sportback

3. PX it in now for a demo standard box 06 plate Sport Sportback

4. PX it in for a new car of a different breed (not very likely as i'm delighted with the Audi experience... unlike some I know)

What realistically do you think I could expect?

If you plan originally planned to px for another new A3 next year, I'd do it now and minimise the hit and continuing with the DSG.

However, if it does not have to be a new car, I would swop to the same age car but with manual. Perhaps your dealer would even prepared to do a straight swop if the cars are nigh on identical apart from the DSG box.

I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you.

I bought my SB 2.0TDI Sport in June, but really don't get on with the diesel engine at all. It's a complete nail in my view, and not for me.

Fortunately, my dealer has been brilliant about the whole thing (as this is the 5th Audi I have bought from them). I will be trading in for a 56 plate 3-door 2.0T S-Line on Sept 1st. Changeover cost is £3k, which is a very good deal I thought.

mfspen said:
I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you.

I bought my SB 2.0TDI Sport in June, but really don't get on with the diesel engine at all. It's a complete nail in my view, and not for me.

Fortunately, my dealer has been brilliant about the whole thing (as this is the 5th Audi I have bought from them). I will be trading in for a 56 plate 3-door 2.0T S-Line on Sept 1st. Changeover cost is £3k, which is a very good deal I thought.

Yup thats a great deal imo.

Im in the oppposite boat, just ordered my 2.0T Sline Quattro and wondering whether the FWD DSG would have suited me better. Ah well, I'll see how it goes....

I had the mild impression on the test drive that the manual gearbox would be a pain in that u have to shift very quickly through the first 2 gears when pulling off from standstill and I'd end up skipping gears unless I was panning it on A roads.

Suppose I'll find out...

I think the DSG is a great system but unfortinatly it doesn't like the way I drive.

I think the final straw for me was when coming home over a country mountain road, that I know very well, it changed up to a gear at the very time i needed to hold the lower gear, i.e. going into a corner on a wet road holding a tight line. Lets just say it was one of them moments you could stick your head between your legs and kiss it good bye.

It just doesn't appear to hold gears the way I want it too. Having said that went to London on the weekend and it was superb around town a lot less hastle than a manual. But an annual trip to London doesn't warrent me keeping the car.

Which mode were you in? I think D will change up if you are not accelerating / accelerating gently. I think S and Manual should stay in the gear you are in, unless you are nearing the rev limiter. As Eeef said, I am sure people with experience of DSG will be along to give you some tips which may help.

If you were in 'manual' and the revs were not increasing it shouldn't change gear If it did, there's a fault. If however the rev's were increasing and you were in effect trying to hold the over rev rather than unbalance the car then yes, i'm afraid the dsg will upshift.

Companies such as Forge Motorsport have said they would be willing to look into modifying the software so that this can be alleviated, but they'll need a doner car to try it on.

Not sure if anything has changed with the 'new' s-tronic in the 170, or whether it behaves exactly the same.

I was in manual, but pretty close to the rev limit in 3rd hence holding the corner. I don't believe its a software fault, more likely my driving style.

But life would be dull without such instances :D

Aah,the daily challenge that is DSG...
Sigh...

At least you can change your car.
I'm stuck with mine.

bowfer said:
Nah,it'll be the bodykit ;-)

i dont think that votex kit does the car any favours tbh

looks a bit stuck on