New S3 Revealed

I don't think we've seen the new S3 yet. More like these are mules with the S3 running gear underneath. With the R32 out there is no way that Audi will release an S3 that looks as plain as these pictures.

To be honest, I really hope this is a ruse or cover up - these pics seem to have been picked up by just about every motoring website out there, so maybe thats exactly what Audi intended.

I would be very interested in a new S3, however already owning a 3.2 sline, there would be zero point in changing if this is truly what its gonna be like.

Sure, there's a bit more power and the car will be a bit lighter so handling and performance should be improved, but I'm perfectly happy with my current A3 and if I wanted a bit more power, I could get it for a lot less than what it would cost to part-ex over to the S3. fingers Xd there's more than we have already seen, if not I'll be staying put!!

I agree - i think (hope) these seem just semi-mock ups. Some proper parts from the production s3 but others from the normal a3??? - i.e pre-production concept?

just a thought.

But im sure we will find out soon. Either in November - or if its unveiled at the paris motorshow in september.

powerplay said:
To be honest, I really hope this is a ruse or cover up - these pics seem to have been picked up by just about every motoring website out there, so maybe thats exactly what Audi intended.

I would be very interested in a new S3, however already owning a 3.2 sline, there would be zero point in changing if this is truly what its gonna be like.

Sure, there's a bit more power and the car will be a bit lighter so handling and performance should be improved, but I'm perfectly happy with my current A3 and if I wanted a bit more power, I could get it for a lot less than what it would cost to part-ex over to the S3. fingers Xd there's more than we have already seen, if not I'll be staying put!!

yet another 3.2 S Line owner in full agreement.

RS3 anyone ? :)

Spy shot shows an Sline badge on the boot and you can also see Sline badge on side trim on rear quarter panel. A don't think this is an S3. If it is then I think I'll be going tor a new TT. Come on Audi, give us some real news.....

Regards, John.

JohnS3 said:
Spy shot shows an Sline badge on the boot and you can also see Sline badge on side trim on rear quarter panel. A don't think this is an S3. If it is then I think I'll be going tor a new TT. Come on Audi, give us some real news.....

Regards, John.

Hello John, wow not chatted for a long time :) Still have my import S3, just can't seem to sell it! keep looking here for news on the new S3, but its lacking. there are a lot of very dodgy photos on the new look S3, and the ones here definatley do have Sline badges. Those in the snow (almost everyone has seen them) have an interesting amount of side skirt but with snow tyres it not too easy to get the look of the car that well. I keep getting caught out by the S-line badges when I go S or Quattro spotting (personally I think it has spoilt the marque as it seems 1 in 4 is an S-line something or another - sorry to those of you who have S-lines...)

Do hope that the new S3 gets some of the active dampening now on the TT.

Currently thinking about an extended test drive of a DSG in preparation of the arrival of the new S3. Money all saved up so I hope Audi don't let me down and it looks like the spy shots!!!

Tried to contact Bartels in Bremen but they don't seem to be doing new Audi's (VW only) so am shopping around in preparation of a little haggling - and I reckon that it will be only a little if ordered when it first comes out.

Cheers, Steve

The car in the snow is indentical to these spy pics, except for the fact that it now has S-line badges, painted bumpers and different wheels.

I hope it isn't the S3 but I reckon it is...

According to German Car Blog it's rumoured that the car will be officially revealed this week, and then launched at the Paris Motor Show.

Sniff, sob....

And here I was at least hoping for some flared wheeel arches...

Better go and pry off my S3 badge and glue an S-line on ontop of it and save the hastle of selling my S3 and buying a S-line look alike!

At least the old S3 had different look to it compared to the rest of the range...