Golf TDI 170 bhp vs A3 TDI vs A3 Quattro TDI

unkle

Beer God
Reaction score
Ordering new mota when I get back, needs to be a diesel.

Was gonna go for the Quattro TDI last time but chickend out and went for full leather instead, whats it like? Worth the extra?

Anyone driven the 170PS Golf yet?

Or I could go mad and get a Golf GTI....

Thanks for any info.

have driven a golf GTI (new) and its a great car.

Opted for the 2.0 TDI 140 bhp a3 in the end as is pretty quick, can be chipped to 180bhp and is much more economical. Also the build quality interior and exterior is better on the audi.

they didnt have any 170bhp mk V golfs in to test drive 1 month ago. DIdnt want another golf anyway!

cook

I have to say that I sold my 2003 Audi S3 for a Mark V Golf R32 and although I love the car, the quality of the Golf is nowhere near the Audi which had no rattles at all after 3 hard years whereas the Golf has a few after 2000 miles! Most of the panels in the Audi where very well put in and had sound deadening on the reverse whereas the Golf is not as well screwed together and the plastic panels have nothing behind them. The Golf is a great car, just not the quality of the Audi, choice is yours.........

nicks3 said:
I have to say that I sold my 2003 Audi S3 for a Mark V Golf R32 and although I love the car, the quality of the Golf is nowhere near the Audi which had no rattles at all after 3 hard years whereas the Golf has a few after 2000 miles! Most of the panels in the Audi where very well put in and had sound deadening on the reverse whereas the Golf is not as well screwed together and the plastic panels have nothing behind them. The Golf is a great car, just not the quality of the Audi, choice is yours.........

my god the golf must be shocking!!! My A3 now has 4 undefined rattles, resorted to taking EVERYTHING out of the car this morning and was still accompanied to work by 4 noisy friends..............

I wouldn't say the Golf is that bad, its just that my last S3 had no rattles. It seems that both the new shape Golf and A3 suffer more rattles than their previous models.......

I certainly love the R32 and I am really annoyed by rattles so they are not THAT bad, just not what you would expect of a new quality car thats all.

My A3 rattles less than my previous mkIV golfs. ASeems like you either get a good one or a bad one!

My arm rest creaks when I lean on it but I think that is to be expected. The rear parcel shelf creaked but it weas the rubb on the pegs creaking against the lpastic. A bit of silicon greese no them and it is silent.

J.