JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Boost Guage Holders?

Hi Guys,

Whats available in the way of boost guage holders for current A3 TFSI models?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lord of War

Status
    sorry dude, think you've got the wrong forum.

Try here - http://www.saxosportsclub.com/

1st Gear

Status
    For those interested, found this on an American Web site, quite a neat installation

http://www.eurostyleseast.com/tuning...=A3B7-INTERIOR

4th Gear

Status
    LMAO @ Eeef.

I wondered why the Audi had circular air vents, now I know they are for aftermarket gauges. Would prefer cool air coming out of them personally!

Eeef - you could fit some in those VW Camper Vans of yours, along with the pink wiper arm covers, neons and spinners! I hope you are fitting a hydraulic surf board lift on them like they did on Pimp My Ride!
    Sportback

Lord of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cdb2
    LMAO @ Eeef.

I wondered why the Audi had circular air vents, now I know they are for aftermarket gauges. Would prefer cool air coming out of them personally!

Eeef - you could fit some in those VW Camper Vans of yours, along with the pink wiper arm covers, neons and spinners! I hope you are fitting a hydraulic surf board lift on them like they did on Pimp My Ride!

er, no, in a word.

The bus will look something like this http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/233570.jpg

With an interior from http://www.interiormotiveuk.com/index.html
    Have a look at Photos then Stuart Days van

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3DBW
    For those interested, found this on an American Web site, quite a neat installation

http://www.eurostyleseast.com/tuning...=A3B7-INTERIOR
    Clearly a new definition of the word 'neat' we haven't come across before....

Looks Chavtastic!
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

4th Gear

Status
    The pic is great EEEF, those old VW Campers look great restored, real style icons.

I like the ones with the cool push out front windows.

Where are you sourcing your 'fleet' from. A lot of people used to import them from the Baha coast of California as they rarely rusted out there, though I guess they'd all be left hookers.

Whether it's a new car or an old classic, keep it OEM in my opinion.
    Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    And they ain't cheap! Jeez!
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2E02266D

Lord of War

Status
    You're not wrong. We're budgeting on about 25k at the moment

Status
    The samba vans are the most sought after and therefore expensive of the lot though!

A couple of my mates have got buses, one's just had a full restoration that has taken 7 years to complete. The guy who did the body work hand rolled/beat the panels! He's just got it back from having a 2.2 lairy lump put in it with lots of mid range torque to make it nicer to drive and it is absolutely gorgeous.

The others a lemony green one thats just been restored and is waiting to have the interior done.

Personally I would go for un restored ones and get them rebuilt so you know whats happened to them. I'm assuming if your renting them out it will be mainly during the holiday/show season which you may have missed this year anyway?

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

6th Gear

Status
    my god eeef. You're going to restore those and RENT them out??

If i had the cash to restore one of those, it'd be a keeper, not let out for people to abuse! As pointed out, the one in your pic is one of the rarest bus's out there! I just couldnt do it!

I remember seeing one of those in a car magazine years ago. It was owned by nuns, who had restored it to 100% original condition - and they used it to go on their tambourine banging holidays.

Lord of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madvw
    my god eeef. You're going to restore those and RENT them out??

If i had the cash to restore one of those, it'd be a keeper, not let out for people to abuse! As pointed out, the one in your pic is one of the rarest bus's out there! I just couldnt do it!

I remember seeing one of those in a car magazine years ago. It was owned by nuns, who had restored it to 100% original condition - and they used it to go on their tambourine banging holidays.
    But they rent for over 500 a week in peak season

To be fair, finding a 21 or 23 window Samba is proving more than tricky. It'll probably end up as a 15 window, but it'll still be a fair chunk of cash. We're looking for a structurally sound one (so prob import) and then get the cosmetics done and the interior fitted. There's a few out there, just need to be in the right plasce at the right time.

Our plan is to have it ready for Easter next year and it'll probably debut at Volksworld in April. We'll try and get it in a few magazines first as well, just to get it known.
    Last edited by Eeef; 13th July 2006 at 15:26.