Question on 2.0tdi sportsback radiator fans

JasonM

Reaction score
Not sure if I've a problem I noticed that the radiator fans seem very noisy just took the car for a quick drive round the block (its 20 degrees).

On switching the engine off the cooling fans seemed to be making a lot of noise on opening the bonnet only the one on the drivers side was working - at full tilt the other stationary

Is this normal (noise) & do the fans work independantly in this way

i thought the front fan was a booster for aircon, the aux supported the viscous in cooling and after run, though its been mentioned by another user front fan also works with aux in after run cooling..

after a quick shut down the electric fan will work hard initially it has a gradual rate from 60-100% (?)..

sorry no clear answers there maybe some ideas to check on though

When your running the car with the aircon on; is the low speed fan on? If not you may be suffering from a common fault that a lot of mkiv VW golf/boras suffered from. This is the fuse for the low speed fan burning out, but because of the fan unit being sealed you have to replace the whole double fan unit.

My bora is in the garage at the moment getting it's fans replaced under warrenty. Mind you ..... off to pick up my new A4 today so I don't think the bora will get used much now.

All ok, audi roadside assist came out today, have to make a 400 mile trip tomorrow so I thought it was best to make sure

Fans are certainly more noisy than my old S3