AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

engine management light?

Hi everyone

Has anybody ever had their engine management light come on?
    My car only has 3000 miles on the clock (2.0T S-line revo'd) and the engine managemenntlig has come on! its been booked in but abit bizzare?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Only had this happen in my MkIV GTI. Took it to dealers and they said it was probably due to dirty fuel and suggested I start putting an additive in. That was at 45,000 miles or so though.
    A3 2.0TDi S-Line DSG. Akoya Silver, BOSE Symphony, Xenons, Rain/Light sensor.

1st Gear

Status
    Mine came on a about two months ago. Could'nt get a booking at my dealer for a week and a half so I called Audi roadside assist and asked them if they could send one of their own technicians rather than the RAC.
    Got an appointment the next day and he replaced the faulty part while it was parked up in the NCP near work.
    Can't remember exactly what it was.
    Give Audi Roadside a call and get them to have a look.
    --------------------------------------
    Now: A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport, Akoya silver, black alcantara/leather, Bose.

Gone: A3 2.0TDi Sport, Lava Grey
    A3 (8L) 1.9TDi Sport, Silver

4th Gear

Status
    Do they advise it is ok to drive in the meantime or not?
    Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    ok to drive if there's nothing apparently (currently) wrong. I had it after about 8000 miles, and they said it was dirty fuel. Then it happened again (and stalled my DSG) and found if was a faulty contact in the head of the air mass control unit (they replaced it too)... audi assist came out to me within 2 hours and did the lot (as it was "after hours")
    A3 3.2 DSG Quattro S-Line
    Lava Grey, Black interior, SatNav+, Folding mirrors, Arm-rest, 6CD (glovebox) and all the usual S-Line extras.

Reverse Gear

Status
    yeh its ok to drive because the light is orange, and i cant feel no difference in the drive. theyve booked me in next week to stick their diagnostic tools to it. just hope its not serious,.

Status
    as others has said call out audi assist and get the techy out to stick the diagnostic machine on it. You can book at time thats convient and it will be sooner than next week. Worth it for peace of mind?

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Deep Blue

Status
    The EMl is just a light which tells you a fault is logged in the ECU. The ECU does the rest and if required will cut power or reduce the rev limiter etc so avoid any nasties. I am surprised the Roadside assist did not diagnose the problem when they turned up.

VAG Com and a cable is a quick and easy idea loads here have it so why not roadside assist. they dont need to clear the fault.

I do know it will come on if you over rev the car but this normally resets itself when you stop and restart the engine.
    Good luck keep us posted

Max
    A6 2.4Se Man
    Bmw 520Ise Auto

Reverse Gear

Status
    i had the car sorted, it was the lambda probe inside the exhaust which deals with the emmissions, there was a problem with it so it was replaced. it takes audi 5 mins by connecting the diagnostic tool to find the problem yet they need the car for a few hours!