engine management light?

gurds_1

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Has anybody ever had their engine management light come on?
My car only has 3000 miles on the clock (2.0T S-line revo'd) and the engine managemenntlig has come on! its been booked in but abit bizzare?

Only had this happen in my MkIV GTI. Took it to dealers and they said it was probably due to dirty fuel and suggested I start putting an additive in. That was at 45,000 miles or so though.

Mine came on a about two months ago. Could'nt get a booking at my dealer for a week and a half so I called Audi roadside assist and asked them if they could send one of their own technicians rather than the RAC.
Got an appointment the next day and he replaced the faulty part while it was parked up in the NCP near work.
Can't remember exactly what it was.
Give Audi Roadside a call and get them to have a look.

ok to drive if there's nothing apparently (currently) wrong. I had it after about 8000 miles, and they said it was dirty fuel. Then it happened again (and stalled my DSG) and found if was a faulty contact in the head of the air mass control unit (they replaced it too)... audi assist came out to me within 2 hours and did the lot (as it was "after hours")

yeh its ok to drive because the light is orange, and i cant feel no difference in the drive. theyve booked me in next week to stick their diagnostic tools to it. just hope its not serious,.

as others has said call out audi assist and get the techy out to stick the diagnostic machine on it. You can book at time thats convient and it will be sooner than next week. Worth it for peace of mind?

J.

The EMl is just a light which tells you a fault is logged in the ECU. The ECU does the rest and if required will cut power or reduce the rev limiter etc so avoid any nasties. I am surprised the Roadside assist did not diagnose the problem when they turned up.

VAG Com and a cable is a quick and easy idea loads here have it so why not roadside assist. they dont need to clear the fault.

I do know it will come on if you over rev the car but this normally resets itself when you stop and restart the engine.
Good luck keep us posted

Max

i had the car sorted, it was the lambda probe inside the exhaust which deals with the emmissions, there was a problem with it so it was replaced. it takes audi 5 mins by connecting the diagnostic tool to find the problem yet they need the car for a few hours!