Wipers just stop working!!!!

looks like my A3's wiper are acting up. Few months ago they stopped and only started working 5 mins later. Put it down to glitch but over last month it has slowed down and momentarily stopped before going on its merry way a few times.

The car is a 53 plate with only 22k on the clock, is it worth phoning Audi for a recall or i the car too old now? Im Scottish, I need reliable wipers LOL

looks like my A3's wiper are acting up. Few months ago they stopped and only started working 5 mins later. Put it down to glitch but over last month it has slowed down and momentarily stopped before going on its merry way a few times.

The car is a 53 plate with only 22k on the clock, is it worth phoning Audi for a recall or i the car too old now? Im Scottish, I need reliable wipers LOL

I had something similar happen to my Golf. I thought that I'd have to replace the motor but it turned out to be the wiper linkage that had siezed and not the motor. I stripped it down, cleaned up any rust, lubricated it and refitted. Never had a problem with it afterwards.

It's worth giving Audi a call. If they won't honour the recall, check the linkage before replacing the motor.