rear spolier

khalil

Reaction score
hi where is the best place to buy a rear spolier for a a3 2.0 tdi, i looked at audi web for £141

Has mine fitted by the stealer when I purchased the car. Cost £700 tho... sure it can be done cheaper, it's just the quality of the work that I'd be concerned with.

My A3 came delivered new with a dent on the door when it was being taken off the car transporter, only discovered when I arrived to pick up the car. Didn't want to leave empty handed so got the dealer to ring ahead to their recommended bodyshop to book me in. Turns out the bodyshop they always used was just down the road from me and I never new about it. Got the door fixed and now I knew of the Audi approved bodyshop and was able to cut the dealership out of the equation whenever I needed other work done.

As a result got the bodyshop to order and fit my spoiler. Spoiler was €220inc Vat and €200 to paint and fit. Got my bumper and skirt repaired and resprayed at the same time after a rear shunt. Insurance cheque was €850 and after doing a cash deal with the body shop I got the bumper/skirt repair work done and the spoiler for €700 all in. :D

wilko said:
Has mine fitted by the stealer when I purchased the car. Cost £700 tho... sure it can be done cheaper, it's just the quality of the work that I'd be concerned with.
so how come you paid that much when the spolier costs £141 from the dealers

I think I paid about £230 fitted from the dealer (EDIT: That is for a rear roof spoiler)

I payed £120ish 2 months ago for the part from Audi (Got a very good deal!) and had it sprayed and bonded for £80!

Jobs a good en!

Hi Calibos,Where did you get it fitted for 200 I got quoted nearly 600 to supply and fit it by my dealer in Limerick

tibbs said:
Hi Calibos,Where did you get it fitted for 200 I got quoted nearly 600 to supply and fit it by my dealer in Limerick

You'll spend the difference in Petrol/Diesel getting to my bodyshop! Bray, Co. Wicklow! :D That was the great thing about being able to take out the middle man (dealer) by knowing what bodyshop they used. No dealer markup. And by cash deal I meant I didn't pay Vat, so that would also make up some of the price differential between the price I paid and your dealer quote. About 10 years ago I had a VW Polo that was rearshunted on 2 occasions. Both times I brought it to my VW dealership for the work to be done. In my innocence I though that the fact that they had a service dept meant that they would do the work. They second time I left it in I was chatting to an aquaintance down the Pub and he told me he reckoned my car was in his bodyshop for work. I never even new this guy was in the trade. Told me I should have brought the car straight to him instead of the dealership as he would have given me a better price regardless and I wouldn't be paying mark up to the dealer either. "I would have if I had known" I told him. Needless to say I was thrilled like I mentioned earlier when I found out who my Audi approved bodyshop was.