Volks AutosChris Nott
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    233

    Smile Revo and TDI 2.0

    Ive just come from a revo golf MKIV pd150 to a A3 TDI 2.0

    The car is great but sometimes alittle lacking compared to the PD150 plus revo.

    What does the Revo make of the TDI 2.0 ?

    I have also heard that revo will be bringing out a newer version with switchable 190- 210 bhp.

    Surely this will be to much for the engine?

    Whats the current gain from revo software and how does it compare.

    I feel the A3 has a better 1st gear than the golf but 2nd is really bad on the A3.
    3rd onwards and its fine

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Eeef's Avatar
    Lord of War

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Coast, land of the white man
    Posts
    1,602
    Stage1 will give you ~175bhp, Stage2 will give you ~200bhp iirc.

    I'm sure Mikep will be along shortly togive you the full sp(s)
    Last edited by Eeef; 16th June 2006 at 10:07.

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeef
    Stage1 will give you ~175bhp, Stage2 will give you ~200bhp iirc.

    I'm sure Mikep will be along shortly togive you the full sp(s)
    Thanks matey

    How does it compare on the road?

  5. #4
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    I dont think Eeef's had his done. Most people are getting figure of 185 but rolling roads figures mean jack. Good for boasting down the pub and thats about it unless you have a before and after...

    But in reality the Revo software makes the car very lively, massive improvement in driveability. Plus it makes it a pretty quick car once up and running.

    Well worth the money :D If your at inters on sunday come and find me and you can have a blast.

    J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  6. #5
    mikep's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wetheringsett, Suffolk
    Posts
    591
    Hi Guys sorry I'm late, been a tad busy, the Revo remap is excellent on the 2.0Tdi (I would say that) but I've been commuting up to Norwich every day for the past 5 weeks, on the A140. The car has averaged over 60 mpg each way, which includes a very rapid bit on the 3 miles of dual carriageway. That's better than my Revo'd Pd150 ever managed. I've remapped a couple of 150 and 180 bhp 1.8Ts recently and found them very slow before the remap and OK-ish afterwards, while the owner thinks they are fantastic, the problem is I'm so used to the power of the 2.0Tdi and DSG I'm runined for anything other than a remapped TT225 or LCR or above. What I need to try now is a remapped 170 TDi or V10 Touareg!!
    Last edited by mikep; 19th June 2006 at 20:04.
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep
    Hi Guys sorry I'm late, been a tad busy, the Revo remap is excellent on the 2.0Tdi (I would say that) but I've been commuting up to Norwich every day for the past 5 weeks, on the A140. The car has averaged over 60 mpg each way, which includes a very rapid bit on the 3 miles of dual carriageway. That's better than my Revo'd Pd150 ever managed. I've remapped a couple of 150 and 180 bhp 1.8Ts recently and found them very slow before the remap and OK-ish afterwards, while the owner thinks they are fantastic, the problem is I'm so used to the power of the 2.0Tdi and DSG I'm runined for anything other than a remapped TT225 or LCR or above. What I need to try now is a remapped 170 TDi or V10 Touareg!!
    Thanks for the reply.
    I had my PD150 revod and loved it. How will the A3 TDI compare to the PD150 revod?

    Was funny but I remember trying my mates Type-R and he loved it. I couldnt see it and then let him lose in the PD150....that was it for him...hahahah

    One think I have noticed about the A3, it doesnt sound like the turbos going compare that to the PD150 and that thing sounded like a boeing 747 hissing.

    On your sig you have A3 sportback revo stage 1 and stage 2.
    What does this mean please?

    My man who does revo here in Bristol told me that they might be bringing out 2 switchable version of revo for the TDI very soon. Is this it?

    Many thanks

  8. #7
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    Well I went up against a revo'd 150 Tdi bora at inters...


    J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    Well I went up against a revo'd 150 Tdi bora at inters...


    J.
    and WON i take it

    8-)

  10. #9
    mikep's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wetheringsett, Suffolk
    Posts
    591
    You'll find the A3 very similar to the PD150, the difference with mine is the DSG which I think makes it even better.
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep
    You'll find the A3 very similar to the PD150, the difference with mine is the DSG which I think makes it even better.
    Whats with the stage 1 and stage 2?

  12. #11
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by beerglass
    and WON i take it

    8-)
    Nope
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  13. #12
    mikep's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wetheringsett, Suffolk
    Posts
    591
    Stage 1 and 2 are currently available on some of the maps, it enables you to go from 140 to 188 to 203 bhp using an SP1 switch. I had a development version on my PD150 for a couple of years, now they are becoming std packages for the 2.0TDi. I use 188 as standard as the fuel economy is as good if not better than the 140 setting. The 203 setting is quite aggresive and fairly thirsty (45 mpg), but fun for the odd cross country dash.
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

  14. #13
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep
    Stage 1 and 2 are currently available on some of the maps, it enables you to go from 140 to 188 to 203 bhp using an SP1 switch. I had a development version on my PD150 for a couple of years, now they are becoming std packages for the 2.0TDi. I use 188 as standard as the fuel economy is as good if not better than the 140 setting. The 203 setting is quite aggresive and fairly thirsty (45 mpg), but fun for the odd cross country dash.
    Hmmm ...
    203 or 188 ? Is there that much difference. My revo man here in Bristol did my PD150 a few years back and I only had the standard sps1 switch.

    He told me about the newer software and said I should hold off a few weeks and get this. Should I wait or get the standard 188?

    Many thanks

  15. #14
    mikep's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wetheringsett, Suffolk
    Posts
    591
    I prefer the 188, but as I do 20k miles per year fuel economy is pretty important.
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

  16. #15
    beaker's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    364
    Mike, thinking of getting mine done soon. Any idea where the best dealer in my neck of the woods is? I think the choices are Aberdeen or Inverness. I think Inverness sounds good as it will be a better drive on the way back.
    A3 2.0TDi S-Line DSG. Akoya Silver, BOSE Symphony, Xenons, Rain/Light sensor.

  17. #16
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep
    I prefer the 188, but as I do 20k miles per year fuel economy is pretty important.
    Many thanks

    I do 25K a year and feeling the same way. I think a trip to MR REVO is needed soon

    Many thanks for all the help guys

  18. #17
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by beaker
    Mike, thinking of getting mine done soon. Any idea where the best dealer in my neck of the woods is? I think the choices are Aberdeen or Inverness. I think Inverness sounds good as it will be a better drive on the way back.
    Beaker who in Aberdeen is doing it, I have only heard about the guy in Inverness?

    Marc

  19. #18
    mikep's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wetheringsett, Suffolk
    Posts
    591
    Beaker, both guys should be pretty good, I'd choose the best return drive if I were you!!
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

  20. #19
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep
    I use 188 as standard as the fuel economy is as good if not better than the 140 setting. The 203 setting is quite aggresive and fairly thirsty (45 mpg), but fun for the odd cross country dash.
    God I can't get 45mpg average on a run in mine!!!
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  21. #20
    mikep's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wetheringsett, Suffolk
    Posts
    591
    Jamie

    Take your lead boots off!
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO