Phone kits ?

beerglass

Reaction score
Whats a good looking no damage to car car kit which I could get fitted or fit myself?

I have taken my old nokia bluetooth car kit out of my old car and wondering if I should have it installed in the A3.

I have a SPV smartphone and use TOMTOM mobile from time 2 time and would like the phone near me.

I used to have it installed off a cheap airvent clip and the bluetooth hidden out of sight. The phone would ring and come out of the speakers in the golf.

Can the same be done with the A3?

I dont want to mount something horrible looking on the dashboard ot even damage the dash.

Thanks people...

Brodit clips are recognised as some of the best on the market as a damageless solution.

I've got a Parott 3100 bluetooth kit which is pretty good. The display sits nicely between the centre airvents and show caller id, syncs your phonebook into the display, plays throught the car speakers etc.

Pioneer also do a stereo that has bluetooth capability and can also link your ipod throught it and display all of the idv3 tags, search by artist, album etc.

I've also got the parrott and its really quite cool, the display on the dash is very handy, although i'm not 100% sure it will sync with your SPV, (It'll display the number but may not sync the name)

Will try one out tomorrow if you wish....

Ok thanks guys

I dont really want to change the head unit as i want to keep the car oem.
I have also just fitted a audi ipod cable tonight

I've got the Parrot 3100 too. I think the new 3200 with the colour display looks pretty cool but the one I've got works well.

I have played around with mounting for the display and evenually put it to the left of the instrument cluster (in between that and air vent).

It's nice to have the sound out of the car speakers etc. The only criticism I have is that I am using the low-level (non-amplified) inputs into the tel +/- on the HU and sometimes, particularly on motorways, it is not quite loud enough.

Oh, and one more thing - I've the Treo 650, which works OK, but you cant see the battery level on the little screen thing.

I've just got the old trusty ericsson HCB-30 and it works very well with my K750i using bluetooth.

I don't bother with the holder as I just leave it in my pocket or in one of the cubby holes.

I do however use the drinks holder for holding my XDA2 when using it for satnav! Fits a treat!

sometimes big phones are better eh :) I'm using sat nav on a Nokia E61 and it fits in the drinks holder a treat. All I want to do now is put the GPS receiver in the boot under the parcel shelf - does anyone know if there is an easy to access 12v supply there anyhere? I've not got the cig lighter socket in there though :(