Cleaning the A3 Dash!

one_team

Reaction score
Hi lads,

Now I'm back from hols, my new baby got its first "proper" clean at the weekend so is now all nice and shiny again!

However, could I get some advice on cleaning the chuffing interior?! Argh!

I assume all A3's have the same dash - that grained matt effect.

How do you guys keep it clean?

In using some Turtle Wax dash cleaner and a duster, due to the graining on the dash, its now left bits of duster everywhere and is worse than before I cleaned it!

Anyone else noticed this and if so, how to you get round it?

Cheers,

One Team

Same as MB.

I hoover the dash using a brush attachment then use a matt 'armourall' spray and the same microfibre finishing cloth I use on the outside of the car.

A microfibre cloth will take off all the 'lint' you have just now.

Cheers guys.

Where can I get microfibre cloths from - do Halfords do them?

Thanks again.

One Team

same here, though I find usually hoovering with a brush is ok, i've not got too many marks on mine.
Interestingly Mercedes gave my mate a microfibre cloth for his interior which has a similar grained effect, They even classed it as part of a "recall" which is pretty nice eh

Same goes for me... my we all have alot in common! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I wish I'd got a Microfibre cloth years ago..
When I think of all the cars I've driven around in,with little yellow bits of fluff all over the dash.

Deary me...

I used one yesterday to clean all the windows on the car, inside and out and it worked very well. Have yet to try one on the bodywork but will certainly give it a go next time.

In the past I always lightly wipe the dash with an almost dry chamois and it leaned it OK and did not leave any 'bits' behind. I shall have to try a microfibre for that as well.

Do you tend to keep one cloth for inside, one for outside, one for windows or use the same cloth for all surfaces.

[ QUOTE ]
However, could I get some advice on cleaning the chuffing interior?! Argh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! I had the same problem mate, easiest way to get rid of the yellow fluff is to wind down the windows and head towards the nearest autobahn and do over a ton, all the fluff just dissappears after about 5km...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A rub with a damp chamois and then a rub with the micro fibre cloth is the way I have done it and it is what I found the best

[ QUOTE ]

Do you tend to keep one cloth for inside, one for outside, one for windows or use the same cloth for all surfaces.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more anal of us have a great big plastic box of them so use a new one for each job.

Don't mix them, keep one for the interior, one for windows, couploe for buffing the wax off.

Also when you wash them do not use a fabric conditioner with them.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has a costco card you can get a pack of 20 "American" sized microfibre cloths for about a tenner I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check to see what these are bound with at the edges. The cheaper US ones are fine for windows and the interior but not good for the paint work as the edging on them can actually scratch the paint.

J.

Don't use simoniz matt dashboard sh.ite it stripped the rubber coating from my stereo

[ QUOTE ]
Don't use simoniz matt dashboard sh.ite it stripped the rubber coating from my stereo

[/ QUOTE ]

Did u get anywhere with that - either from Simoniz or Audi?

Cripes!

Clearly I wasn't the only one with this problem!

Thanks all for the responses - off to Halfords this weekend!

One Team

Got absolutely nowhere, I wrote to Simoniz twice and got no reply, as for Audi my dealer looked at me as if I'd four heads and basically told me it was nothing to do with them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I've been shopping on ebay.de for a replacement chorus stereo since

A just use a wipe on my cheaper VW dash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A just use a wipe on my cheaper VW dash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Meguires interiour cleaner and a microfibre cloth from Halfords.
It is a light blue and smooth cloth not the fluffy ones.