Power output

[ QUOTE ]
Is your Imprezza a diesel version then Power_junkie?
How can you tell what 150bhp of diesel feels like compared to a hi-performance petrol car?

Of course you can tell the difference between a 2000kg car with 100lbft and a 500kg car with 300lbft but judging bhp with differing fuels and weights is an impossibility without a dyno!

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, I will be putting it on the RR, I Also have driven many different cars so have a good idea of power both Diesel and Petrol, there is no way as standard my A3 is near 170bhp let alone 350ftlb.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is your Imprezza a diesel version then Power_junkie?
How can you tell what 150bhp of diesel feels like compared to a hi-performance petrol car?

Of course you can tell the difference between a 2000kg car with 100lbft and a 500kg car with 300lbft but judging bhp with differing fuels and weights is an impossibility without a dyno!

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, I will be putting it on the RR, I Also have driven many different cars so have a good idea of power both Diesel and Petrol, there is no way as standard my A3 is near 170bhp let alone 350ftlb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you.

I've driven and owned dozens of cars and there is just no way on earth my 2.0tdi puts out anything near 170+bhp.

Mine isn't a bad one either,as I have had a few occasions to try mine against other 2.0tdi's.

I also struggled to out-accelerate a Toyota Yaris on the motorway this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It had a 'T4' badge,so it was around 88PS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Similar story to me Bowfer, I struggled to out accelerate a ferrari 430 this weekend,

The bloke in the Yaris was quite funny actually.
Older bloke,resplendent with wild hair and white beard.
Like Santa,on is day off.
He was driving that Yaris like a flippin' demon !
Not a straight-line hero either.He had this thing screeching round slip roads and roundabouts,with a big grin on his face.
We exchanged thumbs-up when he pull of the motorway,around the borders.

His missus probably thinks he's bought himself a 'nice sensible car' too !

Little does she know he drives it like he hates it !

Respect !

I give up in despair...

Those last three or four posts say it all really.

[ QUOTE ]

I give up in despair...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd give up on that RR if I were you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Easy on the torque theories please, as you are in danger of sounding a little naive.
IMO there is no way on earth my 2.0TDi produces 170bhp. I'd say more like 125bhp at the wheels?
BTW why does anyone actually bother with crank figures - surely its power at the wheels that actually matters?

132 bhp @ the wheels,after the remap,for mine,with 3000 miles on the clock.

Well done Tinka! First relevant power quote so far!