Is this an S-Line rear bumper???

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Saw this car for sale - 2.0T Quattro S-Line - but I'm not sure about the rear bumper. Looks a bit different from the usual S-Line bumper or is it just me....?

thumb.jpg

Also, anyone know the paint code for Misano red (and where to find the code on the car - I want to check if this is that colour).

Cheers.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That's the Votex rear spoiler., not standard S-line.

Ugh, you're right! I think its supposed to be a mudflap but it looks wrong!

Given that it has no "rubbing strips" on it and the small lip further down across the width of the rear is smaller than the normal one (where the parking sensors would go), I think this is an S Line bumper but with the bottom part replaced by the votex skirt. Looks very odd in my opinion

This is my standard bumper from my 3dr for reference

A33drRear.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Given that it has no "rubbing strips" on it and the small lip further down across the width of the rear is smaller than the normal one (where the parking sensors would go), I think this is an S Line bumper but with the bottom part replaced by the votex skirt. Looks very odd in my opinion

This is my standard bumper from my 3dr for reference

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right. If you compare the two pics of the cars above you can see the car in the OP has a smoother bumper shape. Perhaps he had the S-line exterior kit and then had the Votex fitted later?

A3+Votex = a winning combination IMO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers guys, l though there was something odd about this one.

There's a story behind it; I saw this car about 6 weeks ago at a dealer in Glasgow and I was seriously thinking about going for it. I bought a bigger house instead :)

Anyway, browsing the web last night I see the same car at the same dealer network, but this time at a branch in Edinburgh. It's advertised £1k less and with 400 miles extra on the clock. Its the exact same car - same VRM as the one I looked at.

This and a 'different' rear bumper? I wonder what's been going on!!

Mmm, I'd be suspicious of a "parking incident".
A little while ago I was tempted by a car at lancaster audi. I decided against it, but then about 2 months later I was there for oil, and the car was still there. I wondered whether there was any change in the price, so went over to have a look at it. It had damage to the front wing and alloy, which was caused by one of the salesmen when parking the car. They had knocked 1500 off the price, and they were going to repair the damage as well. Didn't fancy it.

What I don't understand is that this car would have had £950 spent on the SLine exterior package to get the bumpers in the first place and then had the Votex added on top? What was on the front? Votex or Sline? All a bit wierd. Also, it would look a lot better if it was finished off properly with the black adhesive tape put into the "vents" at the bottom (as Eeef mentions above).

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it would look a lot better if it was finished off properly with the black adhesive tape put into the "vents" at the bottom (as Eeef mentions above).

[/ QUOTE ]

Adhesive tape ?
Really ?

I just assumed the vents at the bottom were cut-outs.

They certainly look like cut-outs in Eeef's picture,but that could just be a trick of the light.

I'll go with standard,as that one in the top pic just looks awful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

I am sure it is an adhesive film that is stuck onto the painted bumper. Having seen the kit on a car at an Audi dealers, I could see the red body colour paint around the edge of the square pop-out plug for the towing hook on the right hand side. The one I saw hadn't had the film lined up properly.

They are definitely not cut-outs though unless they have changed recently.

I know what you mean about the surround. The flat surface of the recess defo has a small red border before the black starts. Just put it down to the guy that masked it.

Don't forget these kits come primed only, so have to be sprayed before fitting. I'd be suprised if in the kit for fitting were a set of black stickers to put in place, but I suppose it's possible.