S3 Waiting....

mark88

Reaction score
Anyone else getting impatient waiting for the S3? If the car launches in November as I've been told it's looking like it won't be in customers hands until Q1 2007.

Just seems so long away, especially given the fact the 8P has been out since 2003. Thus, I have ordered an RS4 in Sprint Blue. My dealer got some extra slots so today I placed a deposit for a car in Autumn/Winter.

Not exactly sure I wanna spend 50k, as opposed to 30k on a car still but unless the S3 hurries along I might well be doing.

Impatience resulting in an extra £20K being spent ?

No-one likes a showoff you know.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I really cant see how the New S3 can be any better than the 3.2 S-Line

Ill be taking the new S3 out for a ride as soon as its out, but i have very low hopes to be honest.

Spend you money on the RS4 and enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Impatience resulting in an extra £20K being spent ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't spent it yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deposit is refundable I'm told, and it is still about 5 months away until eta.

you seriously can't be dissappointed on having to take second best on an RS4 can you?!?!

just buy it, have fun in it, then sell it to me when your new S3 arrives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Haven't been on for a while, but thought I would come on and have a read on all the latest about the new S3, hmmm, doesn't seem to be alot of chat about it!

Anyway, I would consider the new S3 even more so if they do it in sportback/dsg form. The problem with the RS4 is it is too big a car and it drinks fuel, some of the guys are saying the are around 12mpg. I think I would start hating the car with that sort of consumption!

Is there any more news about a sportback/dsg version?

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't been on for a while, but thought I would come on and have a read on all the latest about the new S3, hmmm, doesn't seem to be alot of chat about it!

Anyway, I would consider the new S3 even more so if they do it in sportback/dsg form. The problem with the RS4 is it is too big a car and it drinks fuel, some of the guys are saying the are around 12mpg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit worried about it being big, have been trying to find just how my longer it is than the A3 but can't find the figures.

I've never owned a saloon before either.

No news on dsg or sportback, it's just a waiting game.

Audi would be cutting there nose off if they only release it in 3-door form.

It's their flagship sports model for the A3 & as such I'd be stunned if they released in 5 door format. Sportback justr doesn't have the presence that they'll be pushing.

I think it is unlikely that they will only release a 3 door version. S4 RS4 ect available as 4 door, just depends how many units audi want to sell

I've had a change of heart on the RS4 and decided to put the deposit back on the S3!

I'm thinking ordering cars in advance just isn't for me, I want something, I order it then I worry about it for X months until it arrives. :-/

With the RS4, The cost, the colour and the size I wasn't sure on. I really hope the S3 is worth the wait!

God,the way you're going on about the A4,you'd think they were HUUUGE.

They're really not that much bigger than an A3 you know...

Put it this way,in my A3,I don't find myself going for spaces I would have chickened out of in the A4.

Okay,the A3 is a bit more nimble,but there's really not that much in it.

Yea I know it's not that big, but it's big enough. I measured my garage this morning it will will fit with about a inch to spare.

I can't help it, I'm a born worry-er I guess.

There is a positive side to the (slightly) bigger car.

Internal space-wise,there's not much in it,but from a refinement point of view,the A4 is light years ahead.

Much quieter call all round.

[ QUOTE ]

Internal space-wise,there's not much in it,but from a refinement point of view,the A4 is light years ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until last week I always found bigger cars ( A4 ) to be too floaty for my liking. Even the mondeo was floaty. Had a A4 2.0 TDI S-line courtesy car on Thursday and DID not want to give it back. OK it was slightly slower than mine ( extra weight ) but the refinement was in a different league, you couldn't hear the engine. The handling was superb while trhe ride was far better damped than my sport.

My next car.........maybe with the 3.0 TDI lump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until last week I always found bigger cars ( A4 ) to be too floaty for my liking. Even the mondeo was floaty. Had a A4 2.0 TDI S-line courtesy car on Thursday and DID not want to give it back. OK it was slightly slower than mine ( extra weight ) but the refinement was in a different league, you couldn't hear the engine. The handling was superb while trhe ride was far better damped than my sport.

My next car.........maybe with the 3.0 TDI lump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Seen the two-tone leather interior you can get Japper ?

Look on the A4 forum.

Man,it's a stunning interior.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The A3 is like a go-kart compared with the A4, and I felt it just as good on long journeys as my A4 or A6.

It really depends what you want the car for, I am not doing loads of business miles anymore so I want and S3/RS3 as a toy, something to throw around, something that is a little bit raw even. If you want a bit of luxury buy a 3.0TDi A6, well don't actually as it is far too slow get the 535d instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif , but you get what I mean.

The RS4 is an awesome car, and feels alot lighter smaller than an S4, not sure why, but I bet an S3 would make you smile even more? And I know an RS3 would.

Speak to the guys who have gone from M3's to RS4's, they are really missing the chuckability, they are not saying the M3 is the better car, just that the RS4 feels a little too safe, too secure, you need to be doing seriously illegal speeds to grin like a ****! I just think the smaller Audi will be the real winner.

gizze,

Surprised me too, but that A4 S-line out handled my A3 everywhere. I even claimed I had no time to pick my car up so I could keep the A4 overnight. The A4 was just as adjustable but had less initial understeer and far better damping.

Japper, sold my S3 for a 2.0 tdi s-line saloon and absolutely love it, not as much surge obviously but refinement and noise levels are fantastic, 100mph at 3100rpm and comfortable....