MPG Results

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Just completed a full tank of fuel in the new derv and i'm very impressed.

Full tank - 560 miles covered and the DIS said 50.1.

When worked out manually using the old litres used etc it actually worked out better at 52.7 MPG! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Most of my travelling is motorway.

Really impressed!

Grrrr. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I still don't get over 25 at the moment on my normal journey (no motorway) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Getting 28-33 with the 3.2 is certainly possible for non-motorway journeys, provided there is not too much stop-start. You just have to drive a bit carefully, accelerate moderately and get in to 6th asap, pre-empt the road ahead and avoid adding speed needlessly when you have to break a few yards later etc.

Of course if you do that all the time you may as well have the 1.6 and where's the fun in that!!

Normal run to work 25 miles of nice and twisty country road, sharp corners, long straights, odd village.

Normal MGP 14!

Best MPG 28

As said, if you wanted to drive like Miss Daisy you don't buy the 3.2

Off to buy shares in BP......

i`m still waiting to use up all my fuel to work things out, but the dervmeter mentions 52 mpg on the way into work and 42 on the way home (all uphill). so i`m very happy to be mid to high forties on the average.

Strange that, the car does exactly what is says on the tin!.

Still miss that S3 though... but I dont have enough money to buy shares as well..

Powerplay's advice sounds an exact description of what it's like being driven by a mate of mine - who has an A4 as it happens.

He had a bad accident a few years ago, and has since become evangelistic about speed and safety (no bad thing I suppose), including passing his Advanced Motorists test etc. He's managed over 40,000 miles on one set of tyres so far, get the idea?

Trouble is, although he is probably the safest driver I know (without being really really slow) all of my friends hate being driven anywhere by him because it's just sooooo boring!

As has been said - if you want the MPG don't buy a 3.2.

Just better defend myself a bit - although I know i can get acceptable mpg by driving like i have a tartan rug on the rear shelf and a Rover badge on the boot, I generally don't and frequent the forecourt like most other 3.2 owners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

To defend the 3.2

I had a bog standard 2.0 A4 for nearly three weeks whilst mine was getting a new gearbox!

By the time I was used it it loloping around the road I had managed to get the MPG down to 17, on the same run as the 14 for my 3.2.

the only good thing about that damn car was playing with the cruise control.

I guess if you buy the 3.2, MPG isn't top of your list anyway!

Bit disappointed at my MPG so far.

Granted, I've only done 145 miles so far but I'm only getting 42 - 45 MPG.

I drive like Miss Daisy too!

One Team

It took 10,000 miles for mine to properly loosen up!!! So better get driving!

p.s. the car Looks Great....excellent wheels!

On some recent trips back from Southend On Sea / Dartford to Somerset - mix of Mway and fast A road/dual carriageway - the DIS gave me around 56 MPG for the round-trip and I was tooling along at 80-85 when I could - can't ask for more than that from a 140bhp motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've also left the P2 setting averaging since I got the car (10 months ago) and have turned in just shy of 47MPG

I'm toying with the idea of a Revo remap and wondering what the effects would be? - tho even losing 10-15% of these figures is hardly gonna be noticed

How on earth do you guys manage to get those figures, I'm lucky to get mid 40's on my daily commute. Are you all members of the flat cap and driving gloves brigade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.

Well I only have the 130 B6 TDi, and yes if you cruise on the m'way at 70 which is impossible then I can get 50mpg on the DIS, as soon as you increase speed to a more realistic 85mph then it drops dramatically to around 42. My average after 65 hours mixed driving is 43.8mpg.

I still get 50+ from my Revo'd 2.0Tdi and I don't drive like I have a flat cap or driving gloves! Motorways and other A roads are usually an 80-85mph cruise, with the odd spot a tad faster just to prove a point.

My P2 reading on the DIS is 48mpg since last September, when I took delivery of the car.

Jamie, you obviously have a lead foot!

City, if you want to see what a 2.0TDi is like when Revo'd pm me and we can arrange to meet up, my mum lives in Rayleigh so I'm down there regularly.

That's just it I don't drive any slower than when I had my VR6 - cruise set to 85 (you can't average more than about 80 anyway) and I'm all but doubling my MPG - now it doesn't sound like a VR6 but if I can get it to perform like one with a Revo kit and still keep similar economy why would anyone buy a petrol S-car again?

The R10's seem to be echoing as much on the racetrack and though I'd never thought I'd hear myself say this a few years ago, diesels seem to be the way forward

Mike am going to go upto Badger5 as I'm in Somerset and only very occasionally head up Essex-way - thanks for the offer tho it's much appreciated and I wish there were more like you around.

Andy