Reaction score
I just keep changing my mind on what I'm getting next. I've gone from

2nd hand RS6 saloon
2nd hand S4 saloon
spanking A4 3.0 tdi sline saloon
spanking A4 3.0tdi cab
spanking A4 2.0t cab
2nd hand RS6 saloon

I'm back where I started!!! and if you have a look <font color="red">here </font>you'll understand why!!! Yummy.

Can I justify the running costs though?
I really wish I didn't give a toss about cars. I'd love to be able to go out, by a 2nd hand focus and not care...but I can't.

Anyone else got a similar illness?

[ QUOTE ]
I really wish I didn't give a toss about cars. I'd love to be able to go out, by a 2nd hand focus and not care...but I can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hearing that one. I have far too many expensive interests, and cars is one I could do without.

I tried going from a corrado vr to a 1.8SE A4... that didnt work for me.

out of interest, why isn't an RS4 on your list above?

Lol, I'm waiting on the 2.0T manual cab... apparently available to order 1st june. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'd wait 12 months for an RS4. There's going to be some absolute bargain RS4's this time next year.

I have to say I'm not to fussed about RS6's. Yes their blindingly fast, but the A4 is the largest shape I'd go. The A6 is just too large to be easily parked anywhere, or driven comfortably down narrow two way roads.

Couple of nice 2001 RS4's on autotrader Eeef.
Both only sitting at 30000 miles and both for £29k.
One's an avant like,but still nice.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Thought they only did the last one as an avant!!?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Thought they only did the last one as an avant!!?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no Audi expert.
If it doesn't say Avant,or there isn't a picture,I assume it's a saloon first.

Here's a link to one of them (the lower mileage one).

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/

Isn't this garage being featured on Fifth Gear this week ???

EDIT;Just noticed it says SOLD if you scroll down the ad.

Man, I think I share your illness. House is selling in a few weeks so I'll be using some of the proceeds to pay off the car loan giving me more spare cash a month. I know what will happen though. Give it a few months, the loan will be back and I'll have myself a new toy.

No diesel this time though. MPG doesn't matter anymore.

That sounds familar!! Just done the same thing to give me more money a month for mods!

It's a complete no-brainer - the RS6 is in a different league to all the others on your list - glad to see you want the saloon as I think it looks absolutely gorgeous. Totally understated supercar that is top of my list of must-have cars. Ignore the stuff about parking and narrow roads and go for it! You know you want to........

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RS6 saloon gets my vote, I think they're great, I'd even be tempted to get it remapped, take the badges off and laugh my **** off when you make other road users with "proper sports cars" look silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly the reason I'd love one... but unfortunately the only reason.

However, after a few tanks of petrol at £80 each, and having to drive it like miss daisey round the city I'd just end up hating it.

I'd spend my money on a porsche for some real fun.

The RS6 loses money,right ?

So it makes it affordable to Eeef.

But it also means he has the added stress of it depreciating even more,doesn't it ?

Something that makes it's own ozone hole and loses money faster than a Jade Goody lecture tour doesn't appeal to me,thanks.

funnily enough, drove my mates new style 911 over the weekend for a fair old distance, my opinion of them has totally changed, this one was actually enjoyable so i'd begin to consider those, though for the cash its a long way out!

i have the same illness i'm not ashamed lol

if i were you go for the RS4 2001, fantastic car and capable of being as fast as most of the modded 6's , though i can see why the 6 is on the list, decisions decisions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eeef,

Are you not including the new tiTTy on your list ?

I think if it were me, I'd stick with an oil burning stove. If you believe Auto Express, fuel prices are set to rocket this year - they are saying £1.50/litre.

If true, petrol car re-sale values will plummet - good if you buying, but not when you come to sell it !

[ QUOTE ]
E

If true, petrol car re-sale values will plummet - good if you buying, but not when you come to sell it !

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying that diesel isn't going up...? I think you'll find it does. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
E

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying that diesel isn't going up...? I think you'll find it does. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, diesel will go up too, but I would expect more people to ditch petrol in favour of diesel as a result, to reduce their fuel costs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
E

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't think that through,did you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Must admit,I deliberately went for the 1.5 turbo diesel when ordering the wife's new Clio.

Partly because of the 65mpg,which will be of great value in the present time,and partly looking ahead to resale time.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd wait 12 months for an RS4. There's going to be some absolute bargain RS4's this time next year.

I have to say I'm not to fussed about RS6's. Yes their blindingly fast, but the A4 is the largest shape I'd go. The A6 is just too large to be easily parked anywhere, or driven comfortably down narrow two way roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I'd consider the RS4 in 12-18 months time. There are already 12 available from dealers (albeit expected later in the year), so it can't be all that popular. Plus a fully loaded one on Ebay, available now, at what appears to be list has had no bids.