Revo for 2.0TDi and remaps in general

cityslicker

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been quoted "about another 50bhp" for the Revo S1, by my local dealer (TSR in Somerset) - however the Revo remap isn't yet available for the 2.0TDi's apparently (hence the approximation in terms of gain). Total price around £500 + £150 for the Software + S1 key (plus VAT)

Does anyone have any idea if/when this is likely to change? What's the remap-of-choice for 2.0TDi's?

I quite like the idea of the Revo unit as the 'key' can revert car to standard spec (so that Audi technician doesn't get suspicious in the service carpark)

What's the deal with how this effects;

1) warranty - is it best to tell all or "hide it" and if the latter, can it be well-hidden /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2) insurance - Esure will go bugf*ck - again same as 1) above?

3) wearabilty - can the drivetrain take the strain

4) resale - better to remove before selling?

any comments gratefully received!

Andy

Revo is available for 2.0Tdi's I think someone who posts on here has one and is also a Revo dealer, Mike from Pragmatik if my memory serves me correctly.

Hi Guys, Revo for the 2.0TDi and TFSi has been available since December. The latest software release also has Stage 1 & 2 maps for most versions, which means you can switch between 190bhp, 203bhp and std 140bhp, using the SPS1 switch.

Switching back to stock is always useful for servicing, but I always recommend you get your insurance cover upgraded to cover the remap.

Selling on, I've remapped cars back to stock for people selling their cars, some just have the remap turned off.

No major impact on reliability issues, if you treat the car properly it will be fine. If you rag it, it will have problems remap or not.

No reason it should be any different on a manual other than you could run more torque.. i'd recommend Revo from my previous Leon Cupra R. Went like a scalded cat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

excellent - fast responses or what, thanks for that guys!

Makes me doubt my local Revo dealer somewhat (TSR), so wonder if I should try another dealer - Mike would you know of another dealer in Devon/Somerset area that DOES know what they're talking about...?

...and I WILL be trying this with a manual - watch this space (Revo also still do the 'trial' 5 hours anyway, right?)

Andy

Yep, I'll second Bill as well. Have known him for ages off the SEATCupra.net forums... top chap with tons of technical knowledge. He has a somewhat rapid Ibiza Cupra pushing 350-400hp!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mike, thanks for your help - I did email you today also and you replied very quickly too. Then I realised you have an Ipswich postcode - I'm in Somerset so it'd be a bit of a trek - a fun drive home after the mod I imagine tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks again for your help guys, I'll give Bill a shout.

Andy