Road Angel Navigator

Karcsi

Reaction score
Just been offered this by my dealer for £300 - apparently at cost (yeh, right). I'm in two minds about it, but knowing little about these things and having ordered DVD sat nav for the TT, I don't think I'll bother.

If anyone is interest, the dealer is Worcester Audi - 01905 421000 and ask for Ed Sanders (Service Dept).

To be honest I wouldnt bother and just buy a road angel compact for the speed camera database. The nav on the Audi is pretty good. What are they worth on ebay? is it worth getting to sell on?

I'm not too bothered about the speed camera database bit, as I wouldn't rely on it. And as you say, the Audi nav is decent enough, so not much of a point just to have it for the next 10 months. Plus, a HP pda with Tom Tom is cheaper I think, and then you have the benefit of a PDA as well.

The Navigator is £399 in the shops. So perhaps £350 on ebay or less. Add in costs, postage and hassle, and there is not much point. Looks like a decent piece of kit for someone that wants something like it - asthetically more pleasing and more practical than the Tom Tom series.

If you do get the Audi Sat Nav be aware. It is CD bassed and therefore does not cover the rest of Europe!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifIn other words if you want to go to France you will need another disc and then if you are going on to Spain and Portugal you will need yet another CD and a £99 each it can be expensive! What is worse is that if you are going from France into Spain then you will need to know where you are crossing the border in BOTH countrries as there is no overlap and therefore you would need to know a wey point. However if you ge the VERY LATEST system it should be DVD based and that would be great. Sorry to be such a downer on your parade BUT.................... you could always get TOMTOM its easy although the display is at times (in the sunshine) a little faint but the commentry makes up for it. Just for a laugh OZZIE OSBOURNE is worth a smile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif but not with the children or Mother-in-Law in the car!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

I'll be getting the f-ing DVD sat nav. Although a bit f-ing expensive, it'll be more f-ing practical - and with a much larger f-ing screen - than a f-ing Tom Tom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif