New Car or Second Hand

Leetaylor

Reaction score
Hi All

After eventually selling my car last week i'm finally in the market for a A3.

Not sure whether to go for the 2.0T FSI S Line Quattro or the 3.2 V6 S Line Q

Had an M3 previously, but not really bothered about grunt and speed, i believe ther is only 1/2 a sec between the two anyhow and approx 10 Mph.

Spoke to a dealer today, although i said i'd never go back to a dealer!!

I could get a 2.0T Sline Quattro special edition with full leather, metalic paint, BOSE and CD Changer for 22K Cash

Does that sound about right??

Also thinking that the 2.0T may depreciate less than the 3.2 over say 18 months or so! Any thoughts??

Input would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Lee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I would say the 2.0T will hold price better than the 3.2 and I paid about 23.5k 6 months ago for the car and options in the sig below

Hi

Been offered a really nice spec'd one, however, the chap went for a few of the more expensive toys and onlt got the flat black paint, do you think that really matters, looking at the metallic, you can only really tell in the sunlight and close up.

Got my Akoya Silver 2.0 TDi S lIne yesterday, it was a salesman's car/demonstrator so I got a pretty hefty discount, paid what they were asking for it but they fitted cruise and an armrest for me however they told me porky pies about the PDC not being fittable and there being no ipod kit available I guess to make sure I wouldn't ask for a discount on them (naughty naughty mr dealer). The car's virtually new with only 715 miles when I collected it (840 now!).

I know they have an identical 2.0T Sline special edition (no multi function wheel in it tho') that I'm sure they would do a deal on about the 20K mark. manual and not Quattro however. The Dealer was Chester Audi.

While I really like the car their service was pretty poor, I had to demand they fix a scuffed alloy and some marks on the leather that look like spray from a can of coke or similar(that still isn't right) and the car hadn't even been properly valleted, lots of bits of plastic swarf all over the back seats and floor from fitting the arm rest, bird crap on the passenger door and on the roof. I've had to sort all that out myself not what i was expecting when spending that ammount of money on a car. I'll definately be looking elsewhere for service in the future! My mate who came down with me to pick it up couldn't believe how crap they were compared to Saab who he got his car from two weeks ago...

[ QUOTE ]

While I really like the car their service was pretty poor, I had to demand they fix a scuffed alloy and some marks on the leather that look like spray from a can of coke or similar(that still isn't right) and the car hadn't even been properly valleted, lots of bits of plastic swarf all over the back seats and floor from fitting the arm rest, bird crap on the passenger door and on the roof. I've had to sort all that out myself not what i was expecting when spending that ammount of money on a car. I'll definately be looking elsewhere for service in the future! My mate who came down with me to pick it up couldn't believe how crap they were compared to Saab who he got his car from two weeks ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

My experiance of Audi dealers is the same, they like to charge the 'prestige' price and follow up with the 'cheap' service...

[ QUOTE ]
Got my Akoya Silver 2.0 TDi S lIne yesterday, it was a salesman's car/demonstrator so I got a pretty hefty discount, paid what they were asking for it but they fitted cruise and an armrest for me however they told me porky pies about the PDC not being fittable and there being no ipod kit available I guess to make sure I wouldn't ask for a discount on them (naughty naughty mr dealer). The car's virtually new with only 715 miles when I collected it (840 now!).

I know they have an identical 2.0T Sline special edition (no multi function wheel in it tho') that I'm sure they would do a deal on about the 20K mark. manual and not Quattro however. The Dealer was Chester Audi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chester Audi, used to be the Dane Motor Company IIRC, back in the early 90s they used to have an all female management team....the parts manager I was especially scary I recall..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call cruise control and an armrest a hefty discount for an ex-sales car. thats only like £600 discount! They have like £5 -7K in a car.

OK some bad news, I'm selling my A3 2.0Tdi Sport and replacing it with a banger a new wife and a lovely mortgage, Oh how the mighty has fallen, so if you want a 23 month old A3 its going for £14k ONO.

Don't be so hasty, at least wait until your married before describing her as a Banger!

[ QUOTE ]
describing her as a Banger!

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be the reason he married her......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I wouldn't call cruise control and an armrest a hefty discount for an ex-sales car. thats only like £600 discount! They have like £5 -7K in a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

£5-£7k, not in a new A3 they don't, where did you get that figure from?????

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

£5-£7k, not in a new A3 they don't, where did you get that figure from?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the A3 obviously, but they have 7K in the list price for a 3.2Q which is around a 25% mark up.

My dealer is new offering TTQS's for £22,995 before negotiations so theres £7k there before you start and they are not selling at a loss! You surely don;t believe the old chestnut that they only make between £700 - £1500 in a car do you???

@ Eeef, your so right! I got £2.5k off a new Audi so i would expect at least another £1500 - £2000 for a hammered ex-sales guys car.