After Market RS6 Wheels

johnmv55

Reaction score
I have joined in a few posts about aftermarket wheels mentioning my lads RS6 19's on his Golf Mk4 and how they have gone tatty over the winter. Well today we bought 5litres of Brick and Patio cleaner (seems to do the same job as expensive wheel cleaners only cheaper,5litres is about £5) and by hell does it work well! BUT on close inspection of his wheels one of them has cracked about 15mm across the spoke, looking at the wheel it shows no kerbing damage, and came off the right rear, where it probably gets the easiest ride of all 4 wheels, and having seen a number of race car wheels crack over the years it is in the area where they normally crack, all the other 3 are perfect I may add. The wheels are 5x100 8inch ET35 and are marked JWL

best to keep away from the replicas unless they are made by a know company

I would have thought JWL were reputable, I have seen JWL on quite a lot of wheels..

JWL is a standard as far as I'm aware and must jap car alloys will be marked JWL

[ QUOTE ]
JWL is a standard as far as I'm aware and must jap car alloys will be marked JWL

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pretty much spot on there, JWL is "Japenese wheel league" or "Japenese wheel light alloy" according to a few searches of the web, presumably the Japenese version of "TUV" still, should'nt crack should it.