EM TuningSky Insurance

Status

Anyone fitted the tailpipes from the accessory range?

Looking in the accessory catalogue there are tailpipes that I wouldn't mind fitting onto my droopy tdi pipes!

Anyone done this? They seem quite cheap.. Any pics?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: Anyone fitted the tailpipes from the accessory range?

I'm sure someone on here has but Eeef had a set of tip's welded onto his by, I think, powerflow.

Possibley a cheaper option but if you have a part number I can see what sort of price I can get for you?

J.

Status

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure someone on here has but Eeef had a set of tip's welded onto his by, I think, powerflow.

Possibley a cheaper option but if you have a part number I can see what sort of price I can get for you?

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you work for vag then mate?

Thanks for the offer on getting me a price, however I can get VAG Parts at cost prices.

Cheers
    Rich.

Top Gear

Status

Do you have to remove the current covers before fitting any new ones then?

How much do powerflow cost to do this? I was thinking about doing this but I might just wait and get a full miltek instead.

imported_DSGSport

[ QUOTE ]
    Looking in the accessory catalogue there are tailpipes that I wouldn't mind fitting onto my droopy tdi pipes!

Anyone done this? They seem quite cheap.. Any pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I am aware you can only fit the tail pipes in the accessory catalogue if you have the Vortex rear bumper fitted. I believe this is because with the Vortex fitted the standard pipes are too short, and become recessed. You can get a company like/or Powerflow to give you straight pipes. Though the back of the car does get dirty very very quickly, but it looks a lot better [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Lord of War

Status

How right you are. It would appear that fitting them also makes your car look fekin dirty as well....

imported_DSGSport

Know the feeling. The Milltek has the same effect. Just glad that the Silver hides the dirt quite well. Though it is annoying when you spend 1-2 hours cleaning the car to drive it down the road and it is dirty again!

Status

Well I've now got the pipes, and I think they will look really good.

Gotta break the weld where the pipes droop downwards and fix the new pipes on with grub screws.

Got to find some time to do it now though!

Reverse Gear

Status

had powerflow ones on my A3, looked and sounded great

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought them a few weeks ago on Ebay and had a little fun breaking the old welded droopers off but managed in the end. The original pipes under neath the old covers also have a slight downward angle which I left as you don't see it after the polished pipes are fitted.
    One question which might seem daft but got me wondering, will the lip on the exhaust pipe cause any performance issue ie. backpressure build up as the opening is slightly reduced because of the lip?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dickys3
    [ QUOTE ]

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you work for vag then mate?

Thanks for the offer on getting me a price, however I can get VAG Parts at cost prices.

Cheers
    Rich.

So we can come to you for prices then Rich?
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

Boydie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulsporta3
    I bought them a few weeks ago on Ebay and had a little fun breaking the old welded droopers off but managed in the end. The original pipes under neath the old covers also have a slight downward angle which I left as you don't see it after the polished pipes are fitted.
    One question which might seem daft but got me wondering, will the lip on the exhaust pipe cause any performance issue ie. backpressure build up as the opening is slightly reduced because of the lip?
    its only an aesthetic modifications - wont cause any performance problems or gains!

i have the vortex rear valence to go on aswell with the exhaust tips but havent had the time yet

whats the difference between the sportback rear valence and the normal one? i might be slightly worried i have a sportback jobby!!

I have a Sportback with a 2.0TDI-170 engine. Because the 170 engine has a DPF it can have straight exhausts rather than the slightly turned down versions on the 140. As standard mine has chrome tailpipes. The rear bumper/valance is certainly different on my Sportback to the one fitted to my previous 3-door.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    I'm going to end up with an S-line, I presume these tail pipes will fit as the 140 shares the same bumber as the 170.

BTW I thought the VAG's styling parts were from Votex and the US forum is called Vortex?
    Last edited by Badley; 10th March 2007 at 19:06.
    Phantom Black Sportback 2.0 TDi 140 S-line.
    Options: Full Leather, Symphony, Bose and Bluetooth
    OEM-Mods:Ambient & Map Light

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d3fy
    So we can come to you for prices then Rich?
    I would love to supply them cheap but unfortunately I get them off my bro-in-law who works for Audi. And He can't supply loads.

I fitted mine a year ago and they still look fine..
    Dolphin Grey Audi S3 8P

Neutral

Status
    i had two new style rs4 oval 5" tail tips/pipes put on recently. no change in anything.....BUT LOOKS GREAT!!! with18rs4 alloys the back end looks loads like rs4 .. will post pics if i can work out how top do it.... i'm newbie!!!