Too much torque for my DSG? Remapped A3 from Spain

galanot

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I post from Spain, so please, forgive me for my terrible English /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I own a 2.0TDI 140bhp that has been remapped yesterday by Upsolute. My main concern is related to DSG and its capability of handle more than (officially) 350nm (the same figure of torque reached on 2.0TDI 170bhp).
Well, maybe you can help me out with this: the increase of torque in a remaped 140bhp engine is just the same reached by VAG on their update of the 2.0TDI 170bhp. So the key is to know if they've added any changes to the DSG box in order to avoid problems. If we assume that is exactly the same gearbox, there's no reason to be concern about its reliability after modification.
What do you think?
Last thing: do you know how to convert the torque measures form ft lb to nm (newton per meter)? I'd like to know what figures of torque do you get with revo stage 1 or AMD remap.

Thank you very much! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
g.

Thank you, DSGSport! That page is very useful! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
If I did it well, my torque after remap is about 305lb/ft.
People with 2.0TDI remapped: do you think is too much torque? Any problem in your DSG gearboxes so far?

thanx!
g.

ive got an oettinger remap,its not the highest in terms of power(177 bhp),which is why i went for it,to protect the box,and so far its ok,

dsgsport,whats the miltek like,by the way,has it made a differance to the performance or noise wise?

The Milltek doesn't make any sound difference, then again no exhaust system is going to make a sound difference on a TDI. Which in a way is good cos you can go for a straight through Mid Pipe.

Performance wise it does seem to free the car up a little bit. The turbo spools up slightly quicker and the car feel a little more eager.

If you any more questions feel free to ask.

Any other comments? c'mon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

450NM? where did you get that figure from? i`m seriously thinking of chipping and this is the only thing stopping me..

Anyone got a true doublechecked audi figure?