Changing suspension bushes

benjibarnicals

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'll be getting a suspension lowering kit (coilovers) at somepoint soon, and wanted to know if its worth changing the bushes in the process (as they've not been changed for ages) and if so how much more time/difficult it is to do.

I guess, is if worth doing them while all the suspension is taken off.

Ta,

Ben

Appear to be a common fault or item to change or 8P's... When having mine lowered AMD replaced them as they were shot, additional cost was about twenty at the time so would recommend getting them done

I have heard the same that the bushes go, and to be honest the last MOT the previous owner had said there was an advisory that the fronts are getting worn, so thanks for the tip, think I'll get them replaced too!

I fitted power flex, only did the front wishbones, huge difference!

I'd say definitely worth it in any case,and more so if the suspension is already down,as half the work is already done.

I had all of mine changed to Superpro,and it does tighten up the overall feel.

I fitted power flex, only did the front wishbones, huge difference!

You mentioned about just doing the front, is it worth doing all of them or reckon fronts are the main culprit.

Also, are there full kits to do all of them, having a look on ebay throws up many of them, front low front high, rear low etc... just dont want to buy the wrong things! Or not enough.

If its not something you can do yourself get an axle done at a time as it will need tracking done after each time a bush is done.
I only replaced the front rear wishbone bushes as this was all I needed. They had gone very soft and had loads of movement, the others seam fine.

If its not something you can do yourself get an axle done at a time as it will need tracking done after each time a bush is done.
I only replaced the front rear wishbone bushes as this was all I needed. They had gone very soft and had loads of movement, the others seam fine.

Yea that makes sense, I gotta give my local garage a ring this week about getting the car booked for a service etc so I'll double check with them what ones worth updating.

Would you recommend an aftermarket bush (like powerflex etc) over Audi OEM? And what difference would it make?

Sorry for all the q's!

Yea that makes sense, I gotta give my local garage a ring this week about getting the car booked for a service etc so I'll double check with them what ones worth updating.

Would you recommend an aftermarket bush (like powerflex etc) over Audi OEM? And what difference would it make?

Sorry for all the q's!

The aftermarket polyurethane bushes tend to be stiffer and last longer.

The overall feel is tighter and feedback is improved by comparisons with squishy OEM bushes.