Merlin Purple S3 - Audi Nav CD

Deanjames

Reaction score
Just said hello in new members section.

Picked myself up a Merlin Purple S3 this weekend.

Anyone have any advise on where I can get the Navigation CD from.

Heres the only pictures i have so far.

Plans so far
Miltek
Remap - NOT REVO
Coilovers - Need to do some research my last car was on air.

Its not black i promise :p

Reactions: Nilz, cyhliu, S3 AEX and 3 others
Nice to see a rare colour, depending on what sort of lows your after I've currently got some h&r ultralows on eBay which ends today

Beautiful colour, I feel a detail coming on :)

If you need any oem technology fitted, give me a shout mate :)

You didn't! So jealous, I searched high and low for a decent Merlin Purple one, even considered ordering one new. Looks stunning! Like NHN said, get her in for a full detail!

Thanks batch, I am quite a keen detailer myself so will give it a clean over about three days.

Colour is amazing i would love to know how many are about in this colour - any ideas anyone ? I think i have seen about two.

Reactions: batch
The thread on here has put me off, heard of loads of issues.

I think your find that thread was over 3-4 years ago mate and any issues have been well and truly put right!

Revo have got it perfect now and only seen great reviews

Not from or bought this from around Leeds did you? Only ever seen one in this colour and it's about 5 mins from mine.

Lovely colour. Why coilovers rather than air on this?

Nope not from down that way.

I want this car to be more about drive ability rather than looks, has to remain practical plus i would never shed out 2k+
on air again, plus you probably know how it goes - You get air, slam it then want to get lower, then chassis notches happen before you know it.

Just want it to be a nice decent road car with a few subtle touches - private reg will be on it soon.

Awesome rare colour, and probably and best after Imola Yellow :p

Regarding a Nav CD, any of the backups available online are suitable.

Nothing wrong with Revo maps now, been stage 1 and stage 2 on my S3 with no issues whatsoever.

[SUB][/SUB]Looks nice bud. Definitely the nicest colour in my opinion. I was looking at one the same colour before I got my red one. Traveled 350 miles to see it. The guy said it was immaculate that's why I was willing to go that distance. When I got the the car was absolutely hanging. The pictures definitely made it look better. Looked at it for less than five minutes and drove all the way home. Was f*****g raging.

Damn what a shame this one is mint!

Plans on coilovers and some 19" bbs ch in anthracite.

Is anyone able to help me with the below ?

Looking at changing my wheels as I hate the standard s3 alloys, perfect opportunity as I need new tyres.

I have come across a set of speedlines.

19 x 8.5 ET48 225/35
19 x 9 ET41 235/35

Will these fit ok, I am sure the will just wanted to confirm. Is anyone running this tyre size on there S3 i got standard suspension at the moment, eventually would want to swap to a 215/35 once i ordered up my APs

I read a while ago that staggered wheels messes up the Hadlex, which is a shame as I wanted to go down a similar route.

Never heard of this, just done some research says if you match front and rear tyres sizes correctly it can be done

I know its a bit late, but love the colour of the car, looks amazing!!

Reactions: Deanjames
Thanks Nilz

Private plate is on :) just want to get modding now

Reactions: Nilz
Not sure about the tyres tbh, not sure I would want stretched tyres on the back of an S3 though.

I used to have an E46 M3 which had 8.5j front and 9.5j rears, I bought 2 more CSL wheels an used a 'square' set up so 9.5j all the way round and used I beleive a 235 30 19 on the front for clearance. This wasn't an issue, however remeber the S3 is 4 wheel drive and I'm not sure how safe a stretched tyre would be for a driven wheel.

Personally I'd love a staggered set up with a dirty concave on the back, but not sure it would be worth the risk.

From looking about there is plenty of people running this set up, however I think i am going to go for a full set of 8.5s that way i can run a decent sized tyres, i use to run on my old car 16x8 195/40 and 16x9 205/40/16 which was pretty stretched.

I want this car to remain what is was built for and don't want to compromise handing

got 225 on an 8.5J on my s3 and its more than enough stretch, wouldn't want anymore if you want it to handle and not have to worry about the tyres popping off the rim.

ill also back up the fact the quattro doesn't like different width wheels on the front to the back, its just like you have to have the same tyres on every corner with the quattro otherwise, in exaggerated cases, it can pull its self apart

I ended up just getting the factory wheels refurbished,

Its going up for sale the new year due to expanding the family, very well looked after example.

Lovely colour. I really wish more people ordered this colour. I'd have loved a facelift one of these.

As for revo, I don't really hear of any issues now a day with them. Although there are plenty of other tuners out there :)