Nice Touches on the A3

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Coming from the S3, the 8p certainly has some nice touches.

Found so far:

- Cupholder sock thing which holds bottles in nicely (and eliminates rattles!

- Motorway Lane change indicators

- key coded Air con settings - very useful as the misses always has it set to hot oven mode!

- buttons to disable interior sensors and anti-towing sensors (with LED's to show if selected etc)

Anything else I've missed?

Puddle lights are a nice feature as is the interior door handle being illuminated at night.

no i think he means that you can just touch the stalk and it will indicate for a few seconds with out engaging the indicator if that make sense?

[ QUOTE ]
no i think he means that you can just touch the stalk and it will indicate for a few seconds with out engaging the indicator if that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, thats exactly what I mean....

Audi save nice touches for the options list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yep but the old S3 has both of those, think Dicky is looking for new stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops didnt know that.

[ QUOTE ]
Audi save nice touches for the options list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like an opening fuel filler flap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I assume you ticked the eco friendly bi-fuel option when you ordered yours Bowfer by the mixture of oil and diesel that it drinks! You have the world's first dual fuel A3 Sportback!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can't see that technology ever making it into a BMW...........

[/ QUOTE ]

1.PNG

[ QUOTE ]

- key coded Air con settings - very useful as the misses always has it set to hot oven mode!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ex's A4 had this but I didnt know the A3 did, how do you set it up?

You don't have to do anything. It is already setup.

If you use your key and set the temp to 22 for example, take your key out and put the other key in, it will change to whatever it was last set to when the other key was inserted. If you put your key back in, it will go back to 22.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Who on earth uses different keys ???
If the wife wants to use my car,she uses my keys and vice-versa.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly enough...

If you use your key and set the temp to 22 for example, take your key out and put the other key in and change the temperature to 25. If you put your key back in, it will go back to 22, and when you put the other key in it will goto 25.

Reactions: Lev1
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do!

If my misses wants to use the A3 and I give her my keys explain to me how i'm supposed to get access to to property/locks etc that I only have on my bunch of keys???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do!

If my misses wants to use the A3 and I give her my keys explain to me how i'm supposed to get access to to property/locks etc that I only have on my bunch of keys???

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get used to Bowfer, if there's a way he can bitch about Audi he will, especially, and usually, if there isn't a good reason.

One can only assume he didn't push back hard enough on to the salesman when he was bent over the desk...Full penetration is the only Bowfer.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do!

[/ QUOTE ]

My god,how have I managed all these years !

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do!

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get used to Bowfer, if there's a way he can bitch about Audi he will, especially, and usually, if there isn't a good reason.

One can only assume he didn't push back hard enough on to the salesman when he was bent over the desk...Full penetration is the only Bowfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain how I am bitching about Audi here.

Go on.

I didn't know it did it because,in two marriages,umpteen girlfriends,umpteen cars and 20+ years of driving,I've never ever used more than one key.

Without fail,the spare key is shoved away in a drawer until the car is sold.

Reactions: Lev1
When ever we go out together, my wife has her key for the A3 in her handbag. If she needs to drive for any reason, like visting her mother in her care home, whilst I stay with my mother, then she uses her own keys. It can be very useful if one of us were to ever mislay our own key whilst we were out.

Can also be very useful if you ever go further upmarket. Some more expensive cars with electrically adjustable seats and steering columns can set the seats etc according to which remote key is used.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do!

[/ QUOTE ]

My god,how have I managed all these years !

[/ QUOTE ]

Your obviously very "special" mate!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I'm going to try it now i've got mine back!

Ex's A4 had leccie seats so when you used one key it set the seat, air con and stereo to one set of values and the other key set it to my set, pretty slick I thought

[ QUOTE ]

Explain how I am bitching about Audi here.

Go on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simple really, you were whining about what a daft idea it was to have individual settings per key, what I'm sure everyone else perceives to be a useful feature.

That do you or do I need to get the handbag out again?

[ QUOTE ]
Can't see that technology ever making it into a BMW...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, new BMWs do have that, so it's just drivers who think it's too difficult /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

I keep my car key on a seperate key ring to my house/garage/office keys so have no problems being locked out...

The Audi key on it's own is quite bulky so the last tinh gI want is a load more keys on the key ring when it's in my pocket.

Or do the rest of you boys carry man bags to carry your keys/mobiles etc in...:D

J.

[ QUOTE ]
When ever we go out together, my wife has her key for the A3 in her handbag. If she needs to drive for any reason, like visting her mother in her care home, whilst I stay with my mother, then she uses her own keys. It can be very useful if one of us were to ever mislay our own key whilst we were out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially as it is very easy to lock the keys in the boot when loading up the car. Not done it myself but a guy I worked with was forever begging lifts home to get his spare keys as he had been loading kit in his car boot.

J.

Presumably that's using the 'unlock boot only button' on the remote, which locks again automatically when the boot is closed again.

I must admit I never use that button, partly for that reason and partly because all my previous Audis have only had the 2 button remote and I'm just used to using the 2 buttons.

My wife and I keep our own separate ignition keys, but I wasn't aware of this feature either! Clever stuff.

Getting back to the original thread, my favourite (as already mentioned above) is the one-touch indicator - those three flashes are perfect for lane changes or exiting roundabouts. Terrific feature.

Elsewhere, I also like the soft-touch opening for the boot. It's just a great detail.

Another 'nice touch', although it is standard on all VAG cars, is the lighting switch which turns off the fog lights when you turn off the normal lights so you don't become one of the plonkers who turns on the rear fog light at the first sign of mist in the autumn and leavers it on all winter.

Both my old A3s had a little lever on the drivers side of the passenger seat so that you could move the seat for passengers getting in. It was really handy. I get people lifting the seat height lever all the time instead of the one further up that actually moves the seat.

heres another i bet you have all missed..... but it quite impresses me. Strips at bottom of doors are plastic and detachable, ie if you scrape bottom of door on a kerb or something, one it won't go rusty if left, and two it can be removed and repainted at lot easier than the full door!

Mentioned this thread to my wife, and she said her favourite feature is the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I was just surprised she was interested enough to give me an answer when I asked!

I am so impressed with the autodimming rearview mirror that i kick myself for not having the autodimming outside mirrors as well. (I also kick myself for not having the parking sensors and MF steering wheel.. but the money was running out)

BTW: Auto wipers are also very good.

No one has mentioned the new wipers especially designed for the A3. Apparently they tilt as they move to minimise noise and scraper and park in different places to prevent wear on the blades...