Painted my grill black...opinions?

Kris_fenwick

Reaction score
Painted my grill black last weekend. Opinions?

Reactions: Adam_A3_, Blackedition_Nath, Gaz-M and 2 others
That looks awesome on your car !
Always wanted to do the same but don't know will it look nice on dolphin grey ?

Reactions: Kris_fenwick
Looks nice, car looks really well also.. What did u use to paint it? Did u remove grill?

Looks nice, car looks really well also.. What did u use to paint it? Did u remove grill?

Yeah I had to take the bumper off and also removed the grill. Just used a satin black rattle can to paint it. Used a plastic primer and also took some sanding down with wet and dry to make sure the paint sticks to where chrome used to be.

What a difference, nice one. Love the car.

Looks amazing, so does the car!!

Great colour change on the grill, suits the front end well.
Been thinking about doing the grey looking lower spoiler black on my S3.

Yeah I had to take the bumper off and also removed the grill. Just used a satin black rattle can to paint it. Used a plastic primer and also took some sanding down with wet and dry to make sure the paint sticks to where chrome used to be.

I'd love to do mine but I'm useless at owt like that. If any one fancy's doing it for me there more than welcome. Obviously a few tokens your way

I like that, are you just talking halfords satin black rattle can? Been thinking about doing mine with spray paint and your result I think has swayed it, ill give mine a go

Looking really well mate, front end looks mean. I painted a grill black on my 1st s line few years ago. Looked good was got stone chipped to death so next a3 it came with optics and is miles better, so only had a genuine optics since so just be careful of stone chips. It's a lot cheaper than a optics though good effort.

the difference being about 210 quid between an OEM black grille and a can of spray paint and some wet and dry !