Flaps open.....

• Thread starter imported_hburnett
  • Start date
I

imported_hburnett

How's this for bad luck in your car in not even a week.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

Lorry crashed into the side of me so got it back from the bodyshop Saturday afternoon (after a week in a Ka - that was just HELL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif, gods knows how they managed to sell so many!!) and parked the A3 outsdie the house on Sat night..... and so low life had keyed the bonnet and front wings!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif....

Then drove upto B'ham on Tuesday and got, not 1, but 2 huge boulders thrown at my windscreen by some trucks on the motorway and have 2 chips in the field of vision now!

Got back from B'ham and found that the flipping fuel flap now doesn't close properly and it's a b17ch to lock (I have to hold it in and then lock the car, so that the pin comes across and catches it....

I know some other people had so difficulties with their flaps (oh er misses!), was it the same problem?

Gonna ring Audi Taunton up and get it booked in for the flap atleast!

Cheers H

Those of us who have\have had fuel flap problems have the opposite - we can't get them to open!

No,the usual problem with the fuel flap is that it doesn't open.

You push it,expecting it to pop open,but it doesn't.

So you have to lever something into the gap between the body and the flap (like a card,or a key) and open it that way.

With ref to life in a Ka being hell,I'm sure it was,but you have to remember you can get them for £5k on the road,no problem at all.

So a brand new car,with three years warranty,from a reputable manufacturer,for £5K ?

More like no wonder they've sold so many. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
With ref to life in a Ka being hell,I'm sure it was,but you have to remember you can get them for £5k on the road,no problem at all.

So a brand new car,with three years warranty,from a reputable manufacturer,for £5K ?

More like no wonder they've sold so many. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know they look awful inside and out, but surely anyone who has ever driven one will realize why they sell.......if my Audi A3 handled like that I would be one really happy chappy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Now I know they look awful inside and out, but surely anyone who has ever driven one will realize why they sell.......if my Audi A3 handled like that I would be one really happy chappy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm...... In that case the one I had must have been a bad'un, cos it was shocking round the corners and my Sptbk easily would have won around corners!

I couldn't believe the one I had was 55plate, I thought it was a X-reg (old style!).........

Weird about the flap opening and not shutting properly.... I'll have to investigate... The pop thing doesn't seem to be working properly. But when 'shut' the flap doesn't sit right against the wing...

Time to phone TA!

Cheers H

Last time I drove a Ka loaner from a Ford dealer the indicators packed up.

Still, signalling left wasn't a problem. It was that ****** small inside I just dropped the nearside 'leccy window and stuck my hand out!

Made a few people laugh I'm sure.

Didnt even have elec windows mate!!! But did have the tape player.. I was expecting the 4track!
H