S3s with 19's side on pics and opinions required please... Apply within

S3_Jacko

Reaction score
Evening dudes and dudettes.....

As per title... In the not too distant future i'm selling the 8P2 to get an 8P3! However i'm still a bit indecisive as to what to do with the springs....

Can I get some side on pictures and opinions/experiences of your car is running please....?

I'm running the H&Rs on mine at present but only with 18s and need opinions with the 19s. Then decide whether or not i'm gona go Eibach or taking my springs with me..??

Thankyou in advance... Jacko!

H&R's all the way from me, every Audi i've owned has had a set and imo they have a perfect drop and a nice compliant ride due to the progressive spring rate used.
This is mine with 19" BBS's and H&R's

And my previous S3 with the same rims and springs

My S3 on standard springs with 19" Image

And my previous S3 with the same rims and springs

I've got the H&Rs on mine the now and agree about the drop... Whats your personal experiences with the 19's... A lot of rubbing!?

H&R's all the way from me, every Audi i've owned has had a set and imo they have a perfect drop and a nice compliant ride due to the progressive spring rate used.
This is mine with 19" BBS's and H&R's

Looks sweet fella, yeah your twisting my arm about taking my springs with me....
My S3 on standard springs with 19" View attachment 36910

Nice! What Rotors did you go for in the 19's A4's or the reps?.... Think i'm going RS3 on mine

You'll ruin it with 19's man!

You know what they say, 18's for go.. 19's for show!

Reactions: wuta3
You'll ruin it with 19's man!

You know what they say, 18's for go.. 19's for show!

Do ya think so Josh?... I've got my heart set on a specific set of wheels... can always take them off if I dont like them...

Its not for the sprint, its for the new 1... Sprint is getting sold next month :(

Yeah mate, loads of people say 19's just don't handle the way 18's do. I've always thought the same as the 18's look lost in the arches at times but as it's a performance car if say stick to 18's.

Plus 19's are a much harder ride due to the smaller profile tyre.

How come your upgrading?

Eibach are awesome and 19's are fine for me!!

19's FTW!!! I think as long as you go for decent tyres your cooking on gas!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: S3_Jacko
Yeah mate, loads of people say 19's just don't handle the way 18's do. I've always thought the same as the 18's look lost in the arches at times but as it's a performance car if say stick to 18's.

Plus 19's are a much harder ride due to the smaller profile tyre.

How come your upgrading?

Just moving on to the 8P3 mate and a colour change too... was always part of the plans, just coming to that time now though...

Eibach are awesome and 19's are fine for me!!

19's FTW!!! I think as long as you go for decent tyres your cooking on gas!!!!!!!!!!

See I do like the look of the Eibachs aswell... But the more i'm thinking, because I already have the H&Rs I might just take them with me...

Like you said Jacko you have them mate no point losing money on them plus one less thing to worry about buying lol!

Mtms 19 with h&r springs :)
b06354b8.jpg

82a47bc4.jpg

Reactions: S3_Jacko and rajazed
Here's mine Jack on my new wheels:

IMG_20140628_150031_zpsnufrapz1.jpg~original

Standard suspension but B8's and Eibachs sitting here to go on.

I've got the H&Rs on mine the now and agree about the drop... Whats your personal experiences with the 19's... A lot of rubbing!?

The wheels are 8j x 19 ET44 and i get very minimal rubbing with 225/35/19's on, removing the arch lining screw sorts that though.
The red S3 had 215/35/19's on and never rubbed, but I didn't like the slight stretch on them.

You do get a slightly harsher ride on 19's but not that much to make me want to stick with 18's!

20140511_154147_1.jpg

19*9.5 - 275-30-19 - BUT widebody if you accept :)

Reactions: rajazed
19's look to big on 3dr's if you ask me, but suit Sportbacks nicely.

The ride is perfect on 19's really don't know what the fuss is all about! I think your all getting to old LOL!!! :yahoo:

Get airride then you have no issues with what you run best thing ever

18" RS6 on Eibach Sportlines:

e69c9895-40df-450a-84c6-5f805ed86d30.jpg

19" BBS CK on Eibach Sportlines:

e8ec0b01-634d-4a27-bfb4-50ce674cd786.jpg

19" RS6-2 on Eibach Sportlines

77bbf198-9f4d-4095-8a3e-ef7dc6e48238.jpg

Verdict... 19s look way better! not that hard a ride either!

I think 19's on 8P2s look far too big and squashed I agree.... But on the 8P3 facelift due to the higher front ends I think 18's look lost.... Especially when lowering... Would rather have a better offset wheel than use spacers...

Amen Jacko!!!!

BBS CK's ET 44 being perfect no need for spacers and I have zero rubbing win win i think imo!

Just moving on to the 8P3 mate and a colour change too... was always part of the plans, just coming to that time now though...

See I do like the look of the Eibachs aswell... But the more i'm thinking, because I already have the H&Rs I might just take them with me...

I've just bought 19" CK's and I have H&R's i'll be fitting them late next week if you want a picture :)

Also if you are going TTRS brakes then ET44 CK's clear without spacers.

I've just bought 19" CK's and I have H&R's i'll be fitting them late next week if you want a picture :)

Also if you are going TTRS brakes then ET44 CK's clear without spacers.

Yeah mate all pictures are welcome... Be good to see the car too! :)

Thinking on a trip to the ring next year... So if I am, then uprated brakes will be a must for me... When I 1st got the S3 i thought the brakes were awesome... Now they are not so awesome ha