Grinding noise whilst turning

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
I have a slight grinding noise which is best way to describe it whilst turning the wheel at slow speed and possibly any speed just canr hear over engine noise. What could it be? Oh yh and its a 57 plate s3

Ball joint, cv joint... Check the bushes for extensive play is my guess... Power steeering fluid low?

Reactions: Sprintblu3
I have also got this noise coming from the steering wheel. Mine is a very faint noise and can only be heard at very low speed. I thought it was normal and that it was the plastic casing on the steering column just grinding. ..

Hi, sorry i'm late! :D

It is the same sound as here: ?

I have the same problem. A grinding sound. I've been to 2 mechanics, and they said it's ok.
I don't buy it :D.

What is it?

Exactly. Only when the car is standing still, or when i'm parking (low speeds).

Beleive it it not mine is exact same when turning right at low speed a strange grinding bois as tho the wheel is rubbing off inner arch or something!!

Turns out mine was due to one side of the front arb being loose. I had a number of noises including rattling, loud clunk going over rough road or humps when on the move plus the purr or hushed grinding noise when moving off both forward and backward.

All tightened up and so quiet now!!