Turbo Siren Noise (New Turbo Fitted)

xpstyle36

Audi Virgin!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So, ever since I bought my lovely 2.0l TDI Audi A3 2005 I had the well known turbo siren noise. It was always there at low revs and dissipated when the revs got above 2kish.

I had the car remapped and managed to drive it about 70 miles before I put my foot down and it screamed... and went pop! This was a sad day :(

So, I powered on and got a new turbo fitted. It was bliss! It had so much power with the remap! Amazing performance, and that performance is still there now but... the turbo siren noise came back. It was gone for a few weeks and now it's back! With a brand new turbo!

I don't suppose you guys have any idea what this could be do you? It hasn't broken yet but I am sure you can appreciate my concern!

Thank's in advanced!

Dane.

Hey Dane,

I have 2.0 TDI BKD engine as well and there's no turbo noise whatsoever below 1800rpm or so. At 2k+ it can be heard if I am accelerating hard.

Yeah, I think how it's supposed to sound. There is certainly something wrong.

Any ideas?

I'm also getting the siren noise at 1600rpm then it goes away, a local garage told me it might have a boost leak.

let use know how you get on

I had a new turbo on mine last year and it has the siren noise, I have a remap too :/ ... Frustrating... I think checking for boost leaks is a good starting point

Hi Guys,

So, ever since I bought my lovely 2.0l TDI Audi A3 2005 I had the well known turbo siren noise. It was always there at low revs and dissipated when the revs got above 2kish.

I had the car remapped and managed to drive it about 70 miles before I put my foot down and it screamed... and went pop! This was a sad day :(

So, I powered on and got a new turbo fitted. It was bliss! It had so much power with the remap! Amazing performance, and that performance is still there now but... the turbo siren noise came back. It was gone for a few weeks and now it's back! With a brand new turbo!

I don't suppose you guys have any idea what this could be do you? It hasn't broken yet but I am sure you can appreciate my concern!

Thank's in advanced!

Dane.

Did you ever get this sorted mate? If so what was it?