A3 2.0t quattro brake problem

mr b

Reaction score
Hello all

This is my first post and hope i can get some advice on what to do with my brakes. I have a a3 2.0t quattro sportback, ive owned it for about 3 months. I bought it from a used car dealer and he fitted new front discs and pads.

My problem is the brakes are ****e, they just feel like there not up to the job with a slightly spongy feel and i have no confidence in them at all. Couple of times i have had severe brake fade having a quick drive. I have had my garage i use to take a look and drive and they say everything seems fine and they couldn't get them any better.

I used to own a a3 3.2 and the brakes were out of this world, very very good. Are the standard brakes on the 2.0t crap
or do i have a issue somewhere. I know the brakes fitted were from euro car parts but unsure what brand.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

The 2.0T brakes are crap. I put S3 brakes on mine and i'd say they are much better.

I had a feeling someone would say that, i just wanted a second opinion. The s3 brakes you put on your car share the same with the 3.2 and i think are very good. Did you do the backs as well or just the front 345mm upgrade?

I cant believe they are that poor, ok if you are crusing along but anything spirited they cant handle it. Shame as its not cheap.
what will i pay £250-£350 for callipers alone.

The 3.2 and S3 are the same but the caliper design is slightly different.The 3.2 brakes are cheaper around 300 complete front and back. The S3 calipers are about 500+ complete from breakers. Must do upgrade.

i got a full set of 4 on ebay for around 500 i think, discs, pads and calipers.

Yea I payed 350 or something for front calipers, disks and pads. Didn't bother with the rears.