2.0 TDI with 168 bhp

I

imported_rdlh

Expect you've all seen it, but I was reading this morning that Audi will be launching in the summer A3 2 & 5 doors A3 2.0 TDI quattro with upgraded 168bhp turbodiesel, also to be used in Golf.

Just noticed on the Audi UK webside they are currently listing the following for the 3-door 2.0 TDI A3:

2.0 TDI Manual - 150bhp - £18,080
2.0 TDI SE Manual - 150bhp - £20,080
2.0 TDI Sport Manual - 150bhp - £20,080
2.0 TDI DSG - 157bhp - £19,505
2.0 TDI S-Line Manual - 150bhp - £21,630
2.0 TDI DSG SE - 157bhp - £21,505
2.0 TDI Sport DSG - 157bhp - £21,505
2.0 TDI S Line DSG - 157bhp - £23,055
2.0 TDI quattro Sport Manual - 161bhp - £21,505
2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Manual - 161bhp - £23,055

So it seems that they have increased the bhp on DSG models from 150 to 157 and on quattro models to 161.

Perhaps they will soon also list the 168-170bhp versions as well.

Are there any other changes, ie Intercoolers etc.. or is this just another remap job?? Anyone shed any light?

Unfortunatley,thats not the BHP its the CO2 emissions, pity though it looked like there was going to be a 173bhp 1.6!

A3 Sportback 2.0tdi sport , lots of bit and pieces

I well and truly got that one wrong ! Sorry for raising anyones hopes.

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any other changes, ie Intercoolers etc.. or is this just another remap job?? Anyone shed any light?

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't be just a Re-Map job that's for sure. There will be uprated components. I’ve heard from a reliable source that the 170bhp A4 will have two intercoolers along with other upgrades.

HTH

BUB

It's a common rail diesel with piezo injectors, and not pumpe duse. So, no, not just a remaped PD 2.0.

piezo are they way forward by all accounts,audi driver had a section on them,i think they have even more pressure than the unit injectors,and a finer spray pattern,

im suprised that modified injectors arn't used more often on the aftermarket ,to compliment a remap for example.

[ QUOTE ]
piezo are they way forward by all accounts,audi driver had a section on them,i think they have even more pressure than the unit injectors,and a finer spray pattern,

im suprised that modified injectors arn't used more often on the aftermarket ,to compliment a remap for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

They (piezo) do all kinds of funny stuff, thay can inject up to 9 (I think) times per firing stroke, some before top dead, some at top dead and some after, supposed to stop a lot of the clatter you get with Diesels

The new engine is already out in the Seat Altea. Its a lot quieter than the existing PD engine as well as being more powerful.
Anyone know if it will remap as successfully as the 140?