Another DPF Thread

lukegeorge

Reaction score
Hi

Apologies for another DPF post!!

I have a 2.0 tdi 170 DSG with 55k on the clock, the dpf light came on shortly followed by the flashing glow plug light and then the engine management light. It's my fault because I didn't immediately react to the dpf light but I've only had the car a short while and wasn't aware of importance of that light until I'd done research and it was too late.

I've had the car on VAG-COM which didn't reveal any error codes on the engine but unfortunately it's not the full version so couldn't check code 075 to see the dpf measurement.

I gave it a bottle of Forte DPF Cleaner and Regenerator and took it on the motorway but because I'm in limp home mode I couldn't get the revs above 3k.

What I wanted to know was am I too far gone or is there something I can do to regenerate the existing DPF?

If not does anyone know the current legalities around removing the DPF? I understand that it's now part of the MOT check.

Finally if I have to replace what's the cheapest way and do you know any good garages in the Leeds Bradford area?

Thanks in advance

I've found a place in Bradford called fr&r tuning that'll gut it and recode it for £350. Anyone have any experience of them?

Rick from unicorn is only in Stockport from what I remember. You can easily nurse your car there

Try removing battery negative for 5/10 min see if that gets it out of limp mode?

Any chance this could be the sensor rather than the dpf? How do I check?

I've found a place in Bradford called fr&r tuning that'll gut it and recode it for £350. Anyone have any experience of them?

can highly recommend fr&r have always done work for me on all my vw/audis past and present. look them up on facebook.

It was just the sensor. They are replacing it and running a regen today.

the ecu scan and fitting the new sensor was £176 inc parts labour and vat. They even valeted it for me as well. Great service from them

Hate to say it but if the lite version didn't pick up any errors the sensor wasn't faulty. If you go into VCDS 01 Engine, then coding II, you can type in a code (can't remember exactly what it is but if you hover over the code input box it will show you the correct one) initiate an emergency DPF regen by typing in the code & hitting return. Take the car for a 30 minute drive down the nearest motorway/long high speed road you can & the coil light will go out, once this has happened turn around and drive back home down the same long road, the DPF light should then go out as well.

It was with a cheap cable I bought off eBay to use on an alfa I used to own so I'm not too confident on its ability so the fact that it didn't show a fault code could've been down to that or my inexperience with VAGCOM because there were lots of menus that, according to tutorials on here and other sites, I should've been able to access but couldn't including the code for the emergency regen that I think your describing above.

the ecu scan and fitting the new sensor was £176 inc parts labour and vat. They even valeted it for me as well. Great service from them

£40 sensor and few spring clips to plug in pressure hoses. £176 had your pants down