Finally got it!

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up the new A3 tonight and I really like it! Love the colour and even like the standard 17inch alloys!

Took it for a quick spin down the gower this evening(swansea area) and was really impressed...

Looking forward to the drive into work tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats to you Dicky!

Hope you have a lot of fun..

bye bye S3 then?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks guys.

Yeah sadly the S3 had to go. It wasn't easy seeing them take it away last night, I'll miss it.

First journey into work this morning, mostly motorway (40 miles) and she went well. DIS reported an average of 50 mpg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still finding nice touches like simple things such as the sock on the drinks holder - nice touch!

Gonna get a armrest and cruise control fitted and possibly the s-line spoiler. Oh and the RS6 wheels when my tyres wear out!

Nice one Dicky.

I bid a tearful farewell to my S3 on Friday when I picked up the 2.0TDI. How do you find it compared to the S3?

I've noticed that the steering is much lighter and lacks a bit of feel but it makes the car seem a bit more nimble.

Also, does anyone's car make a funny whistling noise? A bit like the wind blowing through an old house! The new one is sounding a bit odd after the engine has come up to temperature.

[ QUOTE ]
dont forget the ambient interior light retrofit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats this then Jon?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice one Dicky.

I bid a tearful farewell to my S3 on Friday when I picked up the 2.0TDI. How do you find it compared to the S3?

I've noticed that the steering is much lighter and lacks a bit of feel but it makes the car seem a bit more nimble.

Also, does anyone's car make a funny whistling noise? A bit like the wind blowing through an old house! The new one is sounding a bit odd after the engine has come up to temperature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't really driven it much yet but I know what you mean about the steering.

I don't get the whistling noise though...