The new S3 is official...

dbm

Reaction score
Got a flyer through the post from my local dealership. the new S3 will be out in November.

Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Any pics or other info?

Saw this on Audi UK's homepage, not sure if it's anything or not - too small to make out:

audia3.gif

Isn't the S3 going to be Sportback only? So that photo cannot be it. Although it looks pretty good.

I bet thats exactly what it will look like.

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the S3 going to be Sportback only? So that photo cannot be it. Although it looks pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sportback only????? PLEASE GOD NO!!!

After all the waiting - that's it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I really hope they consider an rs3.

[ QUOTE ]
Any pics or other info?

[/ QUOTE ]

No pictures, just new TT in September and new S3 in November.

Dan

"I couldn't imagine a sportsback S3... that's like having an S3 Avante!"
What, nothing like the original RS4 then?

you only have to look at the new S6 to see which way Audi will go with the S3, as normal I suspect it will be : 14ish mm wider wheel arch flares, different front/rear bumper, different wheels-19inch? slightly lower than an S line, 280bhp and more sporty seats, thats what they have ALWAYS done with "S" cars, what makes anyone think this one will be any different?

The news is correct but that is a picture of the new special edition
2.0 TFSI S-Line. There is one in my dealers at the moment and come standard with audi branded BBS CH type wheels but in splitties, half black/red leather etc etc.

[ QUOTE ]
2.0 TFSI S-Line. There is one in my dealers at the moment and come standard with audi branded BBS CH type wheels but in splitties, half black/red leather etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't I have one they come standard with RS6 style wheels or for no cost you can change then to 14 spoke BBS wheels, the 20 spoke BBS split rims are still a £400 option.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't I have one they come standard with RS6 style wheels or for no cost you can change then to 14 spoke BBS wheels, the 20 spoke BBS split rims are still a £400 option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those wheels in that picture are whats on the special edition in my dealer

Maybe so but you stated they were standard fitment on the Special Edition. I was only pointing out that they are not.

s3 is 2.0fsi turbo 260ps(256bhp) quattro and i will bet it looks like the spy pics,the tt does.

Yep, I'm told spy pics look exactly like the car a dealership friend of mine saw at a dealer pre-launch in Tenerife, with the Q7 etc.

As Ryan says S3 2.0FSi turbo.

Price, around the 26-27K mark. Maybe more, with options etc.

So do you rekon it will have a different Lader than the A3 FSI T or just upped boost???

the real question is, is it chippable to over and above what the A3 FSI T is? If its the same turbo etc then what a farce!

what will happen to the 3.2, surely there isn't room for an S3 AND a 3.2?

as an ex S3 owner and current 3.2 owner I am completely let down by how audi have handled the whole thing - a 260 hp turbo after all this wait - wtf?!

On the upside i am seriously glad i didnt wait two years for the S3 and am quite happy with the 3.2 for now.

[ QUOTE ]
what will happen to the 3.2, surely there isn't room for an S3 AND a 3.2?

as an ex S3 owner and current 3.2 owner I am completely let down by how audi have handled the whole thing - a 260 hp turbo after all this wait - wtf?!

On the upside i am seriously glad i didnt wait two years for the S3 and am quite happy with the 3.2 for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to look at the old TT there is room, the 1.8T 240BHP is the fastest with the 3.2V6 being more comfortable, I think it depends on what the changes are over the normal model.

Question is with the imminent 260ps s3 ,how will this fit in with the new tt and it's current top of the line 250ps 3.2?

[ QUOTE ]
a 260 hp turbo after all this wait - wtf?!

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, they know exactly what their doing...

they dont exactly care that somebody bought last weeks special....

[ QUOTE ]
Got a flyer through the post from my local dealership. the new S3 will be out in November.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little late for April Fool's Dan... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that was from Preston Audi Dan?

They've not sent me anything lately apart from service reminders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (and it's a giggle to think I need a reminder, I'll NEVER forget that last one!)

Regards,

Rob.

Well i got a flyer last night banging on about the new A4/S4 cab, new S6, new S8 - no mention of S3 or TT though!

Oh yee of little faith: S3 Flyer
The picture is a little blurry but the bottom item in the list on the flyer is the new S3.

Dan

i thought the new s3 would be NA somehow like s4, s6, s8 , rs4 , rs6 are going, like suggested in earlier threads a 3.6 , bit of a let down i guess you need the 4 cyl for handling and could only push a v6 so far without turbo's, i'm with you guys i think its a marketing scam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

do better audi , then make a serious rs3 get back in the game

Just been in to Audi harrogate to discuss an oder for a new TT. dealer is absolutely cetain that the new S3 is launced in Sept with UK deliveries starting in 2006. Didn't know much about engine though so ....

Hmmmmm, Harrogate Audi told me that it was being launched in November. After the Q7, TT, RS4, S8 and S6. Might even slip into next year. Didn't know about the engine though....

I've been told November and have a deposit down.

30K! Blimey +10K more than the GTI.

Might aswell pick up a nearly new S4. (or RS6).

According to a post over on Tyresmoke, a dealer has confirmed the new S3 will be 265bhp, cost £26,995 and be available Nov/Dec 2006.

I keep getting these magazines from Audi, the latest one has Anthony Worrell Thompson on the front (WFT??) theres a small artical about 3 new model ranges one of which is "a new Audi S3 - a three door model with a sporty engine - will be the first of the new models to hit showrooms, later this year.."