Annoying Features of a 2006 Sportback.. can they be changed?

• Thread starter imported_RedSportback
  • Start date
I

imported_RedSportback

I've had my new Sportback just over 5 weeks, and this new one has annoying door locking features I just hate.

Audi have gone to the old system of having to double click to open all the doors, single click just opens the drivers door. This I can live with.

But now no matter what I do I have to unlock the boot by clicking the boot opener on the fob. Even after I've double clicked the boots stays locked. If i exit the car the other doors stay locked same as before, but now the boot does as well, it never used too.

Does anyone know if these settings can be changed .... apart from that am delighted with it !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

you should be able to change this. Either ask the dealer nicely or find someone with VAG-COM.

I have this feature - standard on 2006 models. The boot should be unlocked with the double click though as well as all the other doors and the fuel flap.

As far as I am aware, you can choose between :

1) one click opens everything
2) one click driver's door, double click opens the rest including the boot (option you have now)
3) either can have auto-locking switched on or off (car locks when over 10mph or so).

There maybe more options I am not aware of though.

You must double click very quickly though to make it work - often I have to try 2 or 3 times to get it right.

Speak to your dealer - they can change the settings in a matter of 15 mins or so and given it is so new, I would expect them to change it for free.

I changed the lock settings on my sportback.

One click opens,or locks,everything.

I also got them to switch off the 'autolock' when you drive off,as I was sick of walking round the car to get my daughter out,only to find her door was locked.I don't live in a high-crime area,so I have no fear of car-jacking,and I'm perfectly capable of locking the doors myself,if I want.

I also got them to switch on an alarm 'beep' when the car is locked,which is brilliant.

Just walk away and listen for the beep.

The number of times I get out the car on the drive with the engine running b4 putting the car in the garage and go to open the rear door to get my bag out and then remember I can't until I've pressed the button on the interior door handle! Grrrrrr!

Bowfer - even more annoying is when you have done everything correct and the fuel filler cap still won't open! Been there!

Thanks guys, Will have a chat with my dealer see what they can do for me... and how much they charge. The most annoying thing for me is the boot, but that seems set wrong compared to the rest of you so they should do that for nothing (I hope)!

They should have asked you what settings you want when you collected the car - my dealer did. So, they shouldn't charge you anything to change them to the settings you want.

[ QUOTE ]
The number of times I get out the car on the drive with the engine running b4 putting the car in the garage and go to open the rear door to get my bag out and then remember I can't until I've pressed the button on the interior door handle! Grrrrrr!

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually kicked the hell out of my car when it did this once.

My daughter dropped her dummy and started crying like hell.

So I stopped and jumped out with the engine running,only to find the door locked when I got there.

Man,I let fly.

I couldn't have given a monkey's if I dented the car.I'd just have told the MD someone must have done it in a carpark.

As it was,there was no damage.

I must kick like a girl. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I must kick like a girl. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got kicked by a girl once. Hurt like hell! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I remember reading somewhere on here that you could also change the settings for the steering (change the weight). Is this something that the dealer could do or is it a VAG-Com only job? Its getting rather irritating on the M'way and some times on country roads when I would like the steering to have a bit more weight behind it (like it does some times) and not for it to be light, like it is when trying to park.