Aux is poor quality. why?

Palooza

Reaction score
I have a symphony 3 in my car and I didn't realise I could activate aux with vagcom.

Anyway I went out and bought one with a box on it for £30 which was very good quality, bass' ect on par with the CD. now the cables started to break I found out you can buy a cheaper one thats directly into it as it's built in.

I bought this one:

Female 3.5mm AUX Audio Input Cable for Audi VW SKODA SEAT MP3 iPod iPhone Music | eBay

I purchased a good quality aux cable to to plug into it and my phone. Anyway the aux quality is absolutely terrible, no bass at all even turned to the max, and its as though I can't hear anything.. Any ideas whats wrong? It looks like all the adapters are the same just three wires going into a plug.

What do you mean "one with a box on it" and how did the wires start to break?

Maybe you're seeing why the eBay special was cheap, aux in is analogue audio which is very sensitive to the quality of wires and connections.

What do you mean "one with a box on it" and how did the wires start to break?

Maybe you're seeing why the eBay special was cheap, aux in is analogue audio which is very sensitive to the quality of wires and connections.

One that like has a control box on it (As I thought I needed a special one cause of the inbuilt CD changer) - The wires started to break at the aux connection from bending it to much.

Yes I know its cheap but they all seemed to be around the same price

Anyway the aux quality is absolutely terrible, no bass at all even turned to the max, and its as though I can't hear anything.. Any ideas whats wrong? It looks like all the adapters are the same just three wires going into a plug.

Sounds as if one of the three connections l,r, earth isn't making contact - I had this once with a Nokia phone (I know, but bear with me) where it was a four way 3.5 jack and it was wired differently from the normal three way so that there was no earth. My suggstion is try a different aux lead or maybe check teh adapter is wired up to the right connections.

Sounds as if one of the three connections l,r, earth isn't making contact - I had this once with a Nokia phone (I know, but bear with me) where it was a four way 3.5 jack and it was wired differently from the normal three way so that there was no earth. My suggstion is try a different aux lead or maybe check teh adapter is wired up to the right connections.

Yes I have access to VCDS, it's activated in the menu however..

Alright thanks for that I'll try find my wiring diagram for the aux then and make sure the pins are in the right ones.

Hi thanks the earth connection was in the wrong pin for anybody else that has the issue, works perfect now. I just assumed it would be right as thought all quadlocks would have the same pin arrangement, guess they don't? Either that or somebodys lazy and putting the pins in anyway they can :)

Woo hooo - that's about the second time ever I've actually made a suggestion that helped someone - glad you got it sorted.