Switched live from Concert II+?

fps_cod

Reaction score
Hi all,

Basically i'm wanting to add a USB for charging my phone in the armrest.

I've found a 12v to 5v step down converter on ebay and a USB to extension so they can be wired together.

What I need is a live. I was going to use the Cig port but i've found that it is a constant live (Correct me if i'm wrong), even when the ignition is off and the car is locked. I don't want the give the step down converter constant live when i'm not in the car to stop it getting too hot and going wrong. (I don't leave the cig to usb thing I have in the cig port all the time as it gets hot)

Now the next place I though of was the concert II+ as hopefully it'll have a switched live going to it?

It's no problem getting the leads to the back of the stereo as i'll be having to pull the Aux lead through from there too (still looking for someone to code that in around Cardiff :D )

So does anyone know which cable will be switched live on the concert? I can see the ground wire..

Thanks!

ConcertIIpinout

Taping into the stereo connector is not a good idea. It will not work as these newer stereos are connected to a permanent live feed and are switched on by signal wire from CAN BUS (that's why you are able to switch on the stereo without a key in your ignition I presume).

You want to feed your accessory directly from a fuse box. I believe slots 1 -11 are switched live. choose one empty position get yourself some repair wires so you can attach the fuse into a slot and put a 5A fuse in place (for a charger thats going to be enough) This way you don't need a converter, just take apart your cigi adapter apart and solder the wires directly to it, then attach the USB cable to the other end, secure it and hide it somewhere in the central console with only USB cable leading to the armrest. (That is what I would do anyway :) )

Reactions: fps_cod
Taping into the stereo connector is not a good idea. It will not work as these newer stereos are connected to a permanent live feed and are switched on by signal wire from CAN BUS (that's why you are able to switch on the stereo without a key in your ignition I presume).

You want to feed your accessory directly from a fuse box. I believe slots 1 -11 are switched live. choose one empty position get yourself some repair wires so you can attach the fuse into a slot and put a 5A fuse in place (for a charger thats going to be enough) This way you don't need a converter, just take apart your cigi adapter apart and solder the wires directly to it, then attach the USB cable to the other end, secure it and hide it somewhere in the central console with only USB cable leading to the armrest. (That is what I would do anyway :) )

Thanks for that info! It was a long shot hoping for a switched live from the stereo haha.

I'll have look into the fuse box and see what in slots 1-11 that I can tap in to.

Thanks!