Alarm and beep when locking issues.

heap1000

Reaction score
Asked a friend to turn on beep when locking in vans, he did so but it still would not work.

Found I had these faults.

Address 46 central conv
Subsystem 1 component: sounder no answer

Subsystem 2 component: NGS no answer

Subsystem 3 component :IRUE no answer

3 faults found

01135 interior monitoring sensors
004 no signal/communication
00323 vehicle inclination sensor g384
004 no signal/communication
01134 alarm horn h12
004 no signal/communication.

I am a bit baffled by it all. Does this mean u have no alarm at all?

Thanks.

Still puzzled with this one guys. There must be a vcds wizard out there that can understand these codes?

possible you don't have an alarm, i have come across one A3 not too long ago that wouldn't beep when it was enabled in VCDS and it turned out that he didn't have an alarm in the car.
have you coded it correctly on the convenience module or CE module for facelift cars?

NOT all models have the alarm as far as i know,if it does...then i dont think your sirens working,not uncommon replace that see how it go's.........leave windows down,lock car after 30 seconds or so,put ya arm inside the car and wave it around,youl find hazards will start flashing but no sound= new alarm siren.

Thanks for the reply. I am sure it gas an alarm (it has the alarm button thing in the drivers door.
Took it to a member on here who said it was already activated to beep when I locked it.

I will try the window thing today.

Or jack it up while locked, the tilt sensor should activate

if not get a alarm
Thanks for the reply. I am sure it gas an alarm (it has the alarm button thing in the drivers door.
Took it to a member on here who said it was already activated to beep when I locked it.

I will try the window thing today.

Yeah will do. Seems like it should have one, as I mentioned it has the alarm button on the drivers door, the red flashing light on the dash when locked and would it come up with errors on vcds if it was not installed? Would you get errors for cruise control if you did not have it fitted?

Thanks

only if cruise is not fitted but the car thinks its fitted...and that would happen if someone has coded the module in ,incorrectly
Yeah will do. Seems like it should have one, as I mentioned it has the alarm button on the drivers door, the red flashing light on the dash when locked and would it come up with errors on vcds if it was not installed? Would you get errors for cruise control if you did not have it fitted?

Thanks

Was a thing on the news the other day about car alarms. If people hear one going off they are more likely to phone someone up to complain about it rather than worrying if a car is getting broken into.

If you have the red flashing light then it probably does have an alarm fitted. See if you can trigger the alarm, the way the guys have said... Open windows, locked car, hand inside. Or jack it up while locked.