Air-con recharged but still not cold?

Gaz-M

Reaction score
My air-conditioning had no gas in it, i took it for recharge service which drained, checked for leaks, re-lubed and gassed it up again- all ok.

But... My air still doesnt blow cold!??

The pump seems to be engaging and spinning as it should so im wondering if its control panel or electrical issue..

Has anyone else had problems?

I am also having the same issue, the air compressor seems to be engaging but the air still doesn't blow cold and my mechanic says my air compressor is dead (although it is engaging...). Looking forward to the solution as well.

got the same issue too. What fault codes you getting?

get it scanned for codes, could be a pressure sensor. as far as I'm aware the clutches on these are internal and you can't see it engage. they do go on this platform, i have not seen one fail on a s3 yet but have replaced 2 this year, one on a mk5 golf GTi and mk6 golf TDi

Check the radiator fuse (i believe it is the F8 fuse) or the fans itself. If it aint working the compressor will not kick in. G65 pressure sensor is a common fault also. Easy and cheap to replace yourself.

Check the radiator fuse (i believe it is the F8 fuse) or the fans itself. If it aint working the compressor will not kick in. G65 pressure sensor is a common fault also. Easy and cheap to replace yourself.

I am the same no fault codes either on VCDS, where is the G65 pres sensor?

I am the same no fault codes either on VCDS, where is the G65 pres sensor?

When looking under the bonnet. It should be connected to a silver pipe, just besides the cooling fans, on passenger side. It should also be connected with a 3 pin plug. You remove the sensor with iirc 17mm wrench

Reactions: manor13
I also have no fault codes.. Does G65 sensor not show fault? What happens to it?

Dont think the fans spin no..?

If i remember correctly, before i got the problem. My fans where spinning even when the ignition was on. But then it didnt after i got the problem. Did an output test via vcds, and only the engine fan is spinning, not the compressor fan(?) i assume the fan play a big roll

Definitely havent heard my fans. Im tempted to change my G65 sensor as its mentioned a lot, but dont want to keep wasting time and money guessing. Can they be tested easily?

As an update on mine- i scanned every system i could on Snap-on Solus Pro and found in Canbus Gateway that there was a fault for canbus comfort system working in single wire mode- luckily i quickly found the culprit- a broken wire at my drivers door. I fixed this and code now clears and the Econ button now appears to work as it should, it goes on and off- but still i get no cold air!

So scan for codes on canbus for working in single wire mode, looking on Google its a known problem. Possibly for some of you this is all thats wrong as its fixed the Econ button fault wierdly!!

Nice find! Did you have to remove the door card to check this?

Yep pretty lucky id say.

It definitely seems to have fixed my Econ button fault!

No just the rubber boot between door and the car.

I was also thinking how to test a g65 sensor. I am not sure how to do it, but i can pm you the pressure sensor i bought mine from (ebay). Its cheap. But if your not having a g65 fault i would not buy a new one if i were you.

Have you checked your compressor? Im going to check the 12v feed to it and if its getting feed as it should it looks like it must be a compressor fault!

Have you checked your compressor? Im going to check the 12v feed to it and if its getting feed as it should it looks like it must be a compressor fault!

I have to do this. But i am not sure how to test the compressor.. How do you do it?

I plugged the compressor straight to the battery. It worked and got cold air. So im not sure what the problem is...

I have a similar problem, my air con doesn't feel anywhere near as cold as my last car. A VCDS scan shows the fault mentioned in this thread but that has only been happening since I messed around piggybacking my dashcam off of the aircon fuse. If the sensor isn't too expensive I will buy one and test.

Is your ECON button stuck too? Or is your ac not as cold as before?
I would replace the pressure sensor, then regas the system.

I havent tested compressor yet as im on holiday with the car for a week just now. Will look next week.

What fault does G65 sensor cause? The Econ light to stay on?

Ive 100% cured that by fixing a broken can-bus wire in my drivers door.

Aircon shows no faults so what can cause no cold air without flagging a fault?

Either low or no gas or compressor is down is what i am thinking. Have you had a leak test?
Test your compressor to see if it is actually working at first.

Find the compressor wire, also a normal wire with thick copper wires. Put the one wire to the ground on the compressor plug, and connect it to the chassi. Then connect the other wire to the 12v pin directly to the battery.

You will find that companies that check for leaks usually use a vaccum test and it could be as simple as a bit of rust/dirt/muck that has filled a tiny hole/crack when the air has been sucked out. It had happened to a mate that works with me.

I had a quick look today and found the G65 sensor on the drivers side of the fans (right hand drive) but I am not sure where the compressor is so not sure where to connect 12v to to see if it makes a difference.

Yep sounds like you found the sensor.
The compressor is located back the dyno. You dont need to locate where the compressor is. But you need to find the wire it is connected to. It should be a 4-pin connector in front on the battery

Reactions: AK47UK
Hi have the same problem got it regassed and e on goes off i did have pressure sensor before regass so could that stil be the issue it’s not coming back as a fault since regarss jsit not cold i do have fault recirc flap
IMG 0279

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk