Audi A3 S line first Audi car advice

Squires99

Reaction score
Hi all

Just joined the forum, as i have been reading various posts before deciding to buy my first Audi and found the website really useful.

I collect my A3 S line (2009 model) next week and am already thinking of getting the car chipped, as i have the 140 version. I guess this is quite a standard thing to do?

Originally i wanted to buy the black edition, but ended up getting the standard S line, as i bought it from a friend who is emigrating so got a good deal.

I would quite like to change the front grill to the black edition grill and wanted to know the best way to do this? Would it be an actual replacement or do you paint the chrome / wrap it?

Eventually i will be looking to upgrade the wheels to the black edition ones, but that will have to wait for now.

Any advice / tips would be greatly appreciated and will post pics of any changes i make.

Cheers :)

1. Remap
2. Lower on eibach pro kit springs
3. Retrofit technology (pm Nigel his forum username is NHN)
4. Wheels
5. Window tint

Choices are endless.

What are you hoping to achieve?

Reactions: mechanic69
Cheers for the reply

After a little more power so booking the car in to be chipped but apart from that its mainly the looks ie the black grill and wheels.

Not sure what to do about the grill. Replace it or wrap / paint it

Cheers

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me, went s-line instead of black edition because of a good deal (also have a 140).
s3 pedals, flat bottom steering wheel, black edition rotor or rs4 alloys, change of grill, tints, lowering are all pretty standard mods, I also love interior LEDs for T8ups and as mentioned before, theres always retrofitting!
Personally, i toyed with the idea of plastidipping my grill/ splitter but it's more of a temporary solution and i thought might as well just get a new grill and sell the old one.
Happy modding :superman:

Cool cheers for that.

I think if i was to upgrade all the bits i liked about the black edition then i may as well upgrade the car :) I think for now though i need to do something with the grill. Did you buy a new one? Black S3 grill is really nice and guess i could get an s line badge to replace the s3 anyway?

Only due to personal reasons. Wouldn't really like to have a s3 badge on the car when it's an s line

Would be like putting a Nike logo on some hitec trainers :)

Love the look of the grill though.

Does it have to be genuine or is there a place you would recommend buying one?

Thanks

I haven't got round to getting a new grille yet, but black edition s3 or black rs3 with chrome rings are my preferred choice after next payday, lots on eBay or you could go direct to Audi, also the classifieds on here are worth keeping an eye on! And I'm with you on the badge!