plastic welding

rsvrider

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have any experience of plastic welding, my wife got my sline stuck on a curb and pulled the left hand side of the bumper off. It has ripped off the tension part that the bolt goes into. Tried the super araldiet and some quick set putty to build it up with no joy as soon as it is under tension it comes off. I have plastic welded a bike fairing up in the past but that was a crack to a stuck on part. Am i wasting my time or should i buy another bumper. Cheers

Pics would help the advice given mate, araldite is useless, topfix is the kiddy but depends on the job at hand, hence pic request :)

OK here it is. i still have the ripped part just about hanging on but you get the idea of where it has come away from.
IMG 9086 zps512a8e87

Oh that's a ****** to repair, plastic welding may work, but painting would be required I suspect with the heat in the area, you could try topfix, £25 a pack & nozzles are £1 each one use only its a great plastic repair I use for multiple applications, goes of like a weld joint, but rough up the area well so it bonds well.

Ok. Thank you I am willing to try. Where can I get topfix as nothing came up on a search. Thanks again

ok thanks did not know thats who made it, will have a look. thanks