Removal of dpf, causing loss of power?

dingle_170cr

Reaction score
A3 cr170 8p (2010)

Any ideas would be appreciated

I've deleted my egr with the darkside kit and as expected coil and em light showed up but the car performed as before with a little more throttle responce. A fortnight passed with no issues but with both lights still up, then the dpf light decided to make an apperance. I tried the usual motorway driving hoping to clear the dpf (20 mile drive + almost 1/4 of a tank). This proved to be unsuccesfull.
A few days past trying the longer motorway drives to clear the dpf but still no luck. Now i have massive power loss and struggle to keep up with traffic, the revs are not limited but climb ever so slowly. no other Symptons.
My orignal plan was to remove egr and then the dpf just before a remap. As a result of the regen not clearing the dpf light i assumed the dpf could be at fault and fit the milltek delete pipe sooner than planned and see if this could cure the lack of power. Now the dpf delete is fitted i still have the same issue, lack of power.

I have wondered if there was a fault with the original dpf but and now the delete pipe is fitted if this could also cause the power issue. Also maybe the original dpf was at fault and possibly caused an issue with exhaust sensors. Ive already tried a new exhaust pressure sensor to no success.
I hope to have the fault codes read tomorrow to highlight where to look next

Thanks Zack

Has the car been mapped?? If you have fitted the delete pipe but not had it mapped then that will be the cause of your issues

Once you remove the DPF it needs to be mapped otherwise the car throws a hissy fit and plonks you into limp mode as it quite rightly thinks that something is seriously wrong so is trying to protect itself

If the car has been mapped then its likely you have a faulty sensor. Did you calibrate the sensor after you fitted it? There is a precise procedure you need to follow otherwise it will not cure the problem

Thanks for the quick repy

The car hasnt been mapped yet but was looking to get it done asap especially as ive just fitted the dpf. What do u reckon could of cause the loss of power before the delete pipe was fitted?

Zack

Ive booked it in for dpf back milltek and remap :jump: I'll give some feed back once sorted and let u guys know how it performed.

Zack

Just thought id drop an update of my results may help for future reference for others.

ITG Panel Filter
Egr Delete
Dpf Delete
Full Milltek System
A remap to suit

The car rolled in at 212.3bhp @ 4056rpm
333.1lbs @ 2661rpm

Found the map to be agressive as it delivers all the torque at 2000rpm - 2500 rpm then drops off

What are other people views on the results and experiences?

Cheers Zack

Last edited:
Seems like very little gain for all those mods? Sounds like a generic map too?

Custom remap always best, ask for linear delivery

Custom Code on PDD170

Milltek DPF delete
Green cotton filter
Full Milltek exhaust system

201BHP 380lbs

Jonny

only friends can see that on facebook make the picture public.