RETRO FIT AUDI A3 REAR LED LIGHTS

ounce

Reaction score
Hello new to this forum sorry if its been asked before,
I've been searching for a few days now but cant find a guide on retro fitting the newer led rear lights onto older shaped models (A3 Sportback "Sport" 2005)? I have been reading up on it but all i have found is posts about other guys being helped by a guy named ash, which is nice but doesn't help me at all:(

Also i know its a older mod now, but its my first Audi i just wanted to make it look a little newer
A picture guide would be really helpful!
Thanks

The lights with fit but you need a cable to convert plugs over from new to old and then they need coding with vcds (vagcom) to stop the bulb out error on dash board

Hello new to this forum sorry if its been asked before,
I've been searching for a few days now but cant find a guide on retro fitting the newer led rear lights onto older shaped models (A3 Sportback "Sport" 2005)? I have been reading up on it but all i have found is posts about other guys being helped by a guy named ash, which is nice but doesn't help me at all:(

Also i know its a older mod now, but its my first Audi i just wanted to make it look a little newer
A picture guide would be really helpful!
Thanks

hi

Thats me you have heard about!
Where abouts are you based?

I am right near southend airport:) i am so glad that other people are still attempting this mod it makes me feel so much better about it:p
I am waiting for my adapters atm!

Quick question: Does my audi support the one click window open/close via the key fob? (Or can it be done on Vagcom?)
Thanks for the replies:)

its actually quite easy to do with the adapters although you would still need the lights to be coded into the cars electric module for it to work correctly.
and yes you can code the windows to work on the one click although it should already be in there... just hold the window switch all the way open and then all the way closed... that should reset the system and then it should start working. you may need to do this on all the windows for the remote to open and close them when you hold down the unlock/lock button.

I think i have the comfort system (i click my interior button once and the front windows roll all the way) but i was talking about the vagcom mod that i have seen done, the guy clicks his unlock button three times and all hes windows roll down?

im not sure my car is new enough for this mod i was curious and think i would use it:p well ideally i would like my two front windows to roll down on key throb press;)

try holding the unlock button down and see if the windows open? if it doesn't make sure that the one click open works on all the windows in your car from the switches.

My front windows roll down on unlock - but to do it I have to keep unlock pressed until hey are down - reverse is true for locking - my "one-touch"/comfort is working fine.

Is that £49 per adapter? or is for two? going to order lights but wanted to check first as there was another dude seliing them on DE ebay

i emailed the seller i ordered from and he said they was the "kufatec" brand i kept reading about *correct me if im wrong* i emailed another (cheaper) seller of the adapters on ebay and he said they WASNT the "kufatec" brand so i purchased the more expensive ones

Yeah I make my own looms and fit them into the cars right there when I do the installs. But for those who are looking for the other looms I know they can be bought. Although I have heard something about the other looms having a resistor that for some reason doesn't light up threat lights as bright but that is still to be proven. I don't believe there is a power difference myself