Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mjr901

Thread: Part Numbers: Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve

  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    104

    Part Numbers: Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve

    I replaced my Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PVC) valve on my 2.0T FSI S3 (8P) tonight, which not only resolved an issue where the car was idling rough at 800-900RPM and hunting up to around 1300RPM, but it restored a fair bit of boost, improved engine response and smoothed out performance when letting my foot off the throttle. Very happy indeed. Especially as it was a five minute job for anyone who can turn a screwdriver!

    So anyways, the handy info I have are the current part numbers, as supplied to me by Southampton TPS (a.k.a The Trade Parts Specialists). These guys are the most professional supplier of OEM parts I've dealt with. Many of the garages/workshops in Southampton get their parts from these guys. That's how I found out about them. Anyway, enough friendly promotion. Here are those part numbers:

    PCV valve cover assembly: 06F 129 101 P = £32.24 inc VAT

    PCV valve cover gasket: 06F 103 483 E = £16.78 inc VAT

    PCV valve cover to turbo hose: 06F 103 215 B

    PCV tube to turbo metal gasket: 06F 145 757 F

    I actually only bought and replaced the PCV valve cover assembly and the PCV valve cover gasket (always best practice to replace gaskets and seals when replacing the associated parts), which came to less than £57 inc VAT. But if I remember correctly, all four parts would've come in at around £80. Considering other older revisions of the PCV alone on eBay were shifting for £45 inc postage, I'd say going to Southampton TPS was a much better choice. I hear they're pretty good when it comes to returning parts you might've bought that were not correct for your car.

    Result!

    Hope this info helps someone.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3 AEX's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    222
    I changed mine today as well but the part number I used was 06F129101N... An £15 for the gasket I couldn't believe a ****ty piece if rubber cost that!!

  4. #3
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    The information of the latest numbers you've been fed is incorrect.

    The latest revision is 06F 129 101 R

    So not only has Southampton TPS sold you an old stock item, they've also lied and said it was the latest one.
    Last edited by mjr901; 4 Weeks Ago at 23:29.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  5. #4
    S3 AEX's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    The information of the latest numbers you've been fed is incorrect.

    The latest revision is 06F 129 101 R

    So not only has Southampton TPS sold you an old stock item, they've also lied and said it was the latest one.
    What's the one I've got mj? I had to get mine from GSF as TPS and practically every other place where all on back order!!

  6. #5
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 AEX View Post
    What's the one I've got mj? I had to get mine from GSF as TPS and practically every other place where all on back order!!
    Yours is fine, but it's a previous revision of the latest part supplied by VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  7. #6
    S3 AEX's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Yours is fine, but it's a previous revision of the latest part supplied by VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda.
    Good good, £30 isn't much but didn't want to have to change it straight away, especially when I'm having to buy wheels tyres an clutches for the missus golf 1.9pd while running my own car!!

  8. #7
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Part supersession chain for this part:

    -06F129101F
    --06F129101K
    ---06F129101L
    ----06F129101N
    ------06F129101R ---441 currently in stock at the factory, readily available.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  9. #8
    manor13's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West of Lothian
    Posts
    431
    Is there a difference between the s3 version and the standard a3 2.0tfsi , I cant remember but seing the pic above makes me think there is
    2006 8P Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback SE / 2013 8V Audi A3 1.6 TDI Sportback

  10. #9
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Quote Originally Posted by manor13 View Post
    Is there a difference between the s3 version and the standard a3 2.0tfsi , I cant remember but seing the pic above makes me think there is
    Valid for 136kw, 177kw, 147kw, 195kw.

    Engine PR codes : D2L, D3Q, D63, D66.

    BWA, BWJ, CDLD, CDLA.


    PM me your reg and I can sort it out for you.
    Last edited by mjr901; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:51.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  11. #10
    s3facelift09's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Valid for 136kw, 177kw, 147kw, 195kw.

    Engine PR codes : D2L, D3Q, D63, D66.

    BWA, BWJ, CDLD, CDLA.


    PM me your reg and I can sort it out for you.
    I had my PCV Valve changed today at the Dealers. It's a 195kW CDLA engine S3. I had the K version and they installed the newest R version today. And I don't know if it's my imagination, but the first couple of miles driven I felt like the car is slower in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Like it's not that responsive and something is choking it. I'm even thinking of buying a new old version of the valve I had previously. Could it be that something was not done properly during fittment? Also the new valve is very different from the old one, how could this be?

  12. #11
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Quote Originally Posted by s3facelift09 View Post
    I had my PCV Valve changed today at the Dealers. It's a 195kW CDLA engine S3. I had the K version and they installed the newest R version today. And I don't know if it's my imagination, but the first couple of miles driven I felt like the car is slower in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Like it's not that responsive and something is choking it. I'm even thinking of buying a new old version of the valve I had previously. Could it be that something was not done properly during fittment? Also the new valve is very different from the old one, how could this be?
    Hmmm having never had both in my hand at the same time or even one recently I couldn't tell you.

    Check it's fitted properly.

    Try also taking the engine oil cap off the engine whilst on idle. It should immediately drop revs slightly and run a bit rough.

    If it doesn't, then you have a PCV issue.
    s3facelift09 likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  13. #12
    Dan-Jnr's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    691
    My blog shows the new R revision and the F revision.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

  14. #13
    s3facelift09's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Jnr View Post
    My blog shows the new R revision and the F revision.
    So you're saying that there is an even newer version then the R?

  15. #14
    Dan-Jnr's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    691
    I am saying there is a picture to compare the old revision F to the new revision R (R being the latest) if you want to compare.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

  16. #15
    s3facelift09's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    124
    A little update on the subject. I had to go to work after fitting the new valve so I couldn't test it properly, wich I did now a few moments ago. What I can say is, that I 100% imagined that it was laisy, but the thing that mislead me is the fact that the car is more quiet at the engine bay, it's 30%-40% more quiet, before when I started I could hear it from the engine and from the exhaust, but now it's so much more quiet (the engine compartment) it's unbelievable, I can only hear the exhaust. Any thoughts on this?

  17. #16
    Dan-Jnr's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by s3facelift09 View Post
    A little update on the subject. I had to go to work after fitting the new valve so I couldn't test it properly, wich I did now a few moments ago. What I can say is, that I 100% imagined that it was laisy, but the thing that mislead me is the fact that the car is more quiet at the engine bay, it's 30%-40% more quiet, before when I started I could hear it from the engine and from the exhaust, but now it's so much more quiet (the engine compartment) it's unbelievable, I can only hear the exhaust. Any thoughts on this?
    Where are you located?
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

  18. #17
    s3facelift09's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    124
    Croatia..

  19. #18
    Dan-Jnr's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    691
    Bit far to compare engine noises, ha.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

  20. #19
    s3facelift09's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    124
    Just a bit far..

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. crankcase breather valve thingy, part number?
    By hitman1978 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th July 2012, 22:54
  2. PCV breather pipe under the inlet manifold part number anyone?
    By DJ_Troopa in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27th July 2010, 10:48
  3. N75 Valve part number for APY Engine 1999 S3
    By sportquattro in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th March 2010, 00:20
  4. Diverter valve part number
    By 951 in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd November 2007, 08:29
  5. Diverter Valve for 1.8TS... part number anyone?
    By brixo in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10th April 2004, 19:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO