• 1 Post By Reesy
  • 2 Post By Forbzeeee
  • 2 Post By Dan-Jnr
  • 1 Post By Revo Steve-W
  • 1 Post By S3_Mat

Thread: REVO Stage 1 two weeks later :)

Reverse Gear

Status

Thumbs up REVO Stage 1 two weeks later :)

Hi All,
    So nearly two weeks ago i took my S3 for a Stage 1 REVO map at VWheritage in Sussex.

I just wanted to give a huge shout out to the guys that work there, especially Chris and Ben.

Whilst the car was in being done, Chris informed me that the car had already been mapped ! ( I have only owned it for 6 weeks) and double checked with me whether i wanted to continue with the REVO map or not, he also mentioned that the KNOCK was very high on the current map, and that in his opinion it was very poor.

At this point i would like to explain that as stated above i have only owned this car for 6 weeks or so and whilst impressed with the performance, i felt it was a little erratic or hit and miss ! one minute i thought this is quick and the next not so much... this could be explained now by the very high KNOCK that the old map produced and that the ECU was retarding the timing because of this. The car since i have had it has only been ran on Vpower so it wasn't a poor fuel issue.

So anyway, I asked Chris to carry on with the Remap and he spent quite a while getting things just perfect with his colleague Ben.

WOW, what a transformation ! the car is noticeably faster and smoother and the midrange grunt is far better, it eats through gears and the increased redline i feel is a real benefit, I always felt it hit the limiter a little early and had a little more to give. It also sounds great through the REVO Intake installed a few days before ! I love the lift off chatter I have done around 1000 miles since the Map and my MPG has even increased ! 31mpg vs 28mpg before. My wife even said it drives alot better

So once again a big thank you to the guys at VWheritage, i'm really pleased with how honest they were. To be honest they could of just remapped it and said there you go cars done and, although I wouldn't of thought wow that feels like another 40ish bhp i would of been very happy with the results. But knowing that it had been mapped already and feeling the improvements over the old map i really couldn't be more happier, especially with the complete transparency of the guys at VWHeritage.

So there you go, there is a difference between a good remap and a bad one ! you get what you pay for i guess !

REVO ftw

Just got to save for stage 2+ now...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    What colour /age is your car (curious as I traded mine 6 weeks ago!).

Glad to hear it's hitting the sweet spot, amazing what a difference it makes.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's a black 58 plate, I think the last owner was in the East Grinstead area? You?

Status
    No, mine was 61plate panther black in Berkshire. Glad you're enjoying the car though!
    grchmason likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ta mate

3rd Gear

Status
    I've tried various maps on other cars and settled with Revo on my S3.
    Stage 1 very quick and smooth with good economy.
    I'm now Revo stage 2+ and it's even smoother than stage 1 with fantastic power everywhere, even at high speed the pull it has you'd think you were in 3rd.
    I can't praise Revo enough or my dealer Konzept Autohaus Glasgow for the excellent map and service provided.
    To get the power they achieve and still easily do 30 mpg when driven sensibly quick says it all.
    warren_S5, Hoesty and S3DUST like this.
    IBIS WHITE S3
    Revo stage 2+ and loving it

1st Gear

Status
    How up to date is the latest Revo map btw? 2014 or is it a 2008 version for example? Do they constantly update it when they tweak things?

3rd Gear

Status
    My stage 2+ file was released in May 2014 and is the very latest file and its perfect.
    IBIS WHITE S3

1st Gear

Status
    Ah that's great to know tbh

Status
    There will be updates over the life cycle of the product, but only very slight tweaks as part of ongoing R&D. The biggest choice to make is whether you want the standard map or the linear 1:1 throttle map which gives a less boosts feel but gives you more throttle adjustment across the pedal swipe.

3rd Gear

Status
    I went with the standard map due to my driving style as I never have the foot to the floor I only use 1/2 the pedal so enjoy the power delivery of standard.
    Just a personal choice thing I suppose.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    IBIS WHITE S3

1st Gear

Status
    Surely it's got to be boost lol :-) Only if you have the uprated clutch ofc lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    I went for the linear map, as it's the wife's daily runner lol
    Marshy likes this.

Status
    I went with the 1:1 as I killed two clutches on my 1st S3 and I found in the warmer months it delivered a more consistent experience and gave more shove for overtaking on A/B roads when you may already be at half throttle. Smooth & sweet!
    S3DUST likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I never even thought that there we actually updated versions of the map. I got mine done about a year ago now, wonder what version there is now and if there is much difference.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

1st Gear

Status
    Hmmmmm interesting.... I'll have to look into the two Revo maps! Not sure what I would want to go for tbh!

6th Gear

Status
    Glad you're happy with the car, definitely something not right with the one that was on it, both relating to lack of power and the iffy setup of it..

Stage 2+ is the next logical step really, and we can now sort you out with a milltek as well!

I think linear is the way forward, both for someone who likes to drive them properly and if you have to hand it over to someone else every now and again..
    S3DUST likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    I never even thought that there we actually updated versions of the map. I got mine done about a year ago now, wonder what version there is now and if there is much difference.
    Don't think it's changed much since 2010, but there was a marginal revision around that date (from memory).

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine is apparently running the latest Stage 2+ map. Glad you like your remap. I have tried others before and then got introduced to Revo when I had a trial map in my old S3 8L since then I haven't even considered anything else. I've probably been driving Revo'd cars for 5 years now and I still love it!!
    warren_S5 and Revo Steve-W like this.
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

3rd Gear

Status
    +1 for Revo, had it on my S3 8L and got it on my S3 8P.
    Glad your really happy with the car now its been mapped properly.
    Revo Intake does suit the map very well, I have one too. Love the sounds.
    Revo Steve-W and S3DUST like this.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Revo Steve-W on Facebook
    Great to hear this feedback guys, have shared this link to others too - https://www.facebook.com/revo.worthers
    S3DUST likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Revo intake is a work of art. Love the noises. Glad your happy, good to here an honest opinion!
    S3DUST likes this.
    Car: Phantom Black 8P '56 S3 2.0 TFSI | RNS-E | Adaptive Bi-Xenons | Two-Tone Black/White Leather Seats | Electric Folding Mirrors | Cruise Control | Parking Sensors
    Current Mods: Revo Intake | GFB DV+ | Revo Stage 1 | Defi Racer Boost Gauge in Osir Vent Mount | H&R ARB's | Superpro Balljoints+ALK | Bilstein PSS10
    Mods Planned: BCS Powervalve Exhaust | Loba HPFP | Stage 2+ Remap| Spec Clutch